PanzerAce

Some Guy...

50 XP

11th January 2004

0 Uploads

736 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

ok, I love the fact that now there are no fausts on Crete, but is the M35 really that weak in real life, last night, about half the axis team was grabbing the AT rifles, but ONE matilda 2 managed to survive for almost the entire round IN THE OPEN, WITH NO COVER. you guys really need to make it either more powerful, or make it reload/ready a new round faster. another problem i found was that unless you hit the back of a tank or the top, the rifle will not even register the hit as occuring. as it is, the M35 is useless right now...

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

I don't think that's something strange. AT-rifles were pretty weak, espescially the early ones. Add to that the Matilda 2 was very armored. What the Germans need on Crete is either AT guns or recoilless artillery. The M35 is ok against Panzer II however.

SimonS.

[11PzG] SimonS

50 XP

10th August 2003

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

How do I know when to shoot again with that AT rifle? It doesn't say

C38368

...burning angel wings to dust

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

5,013 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

You know you can fire again when the number of shells in the magazine drops by one. It won't do that until the rifle is ready to fire again. As for it being weak, I thought so too at first. They've changed the way tanks take damage though, and the M35 is very sensitive about where you aim at the tank. Matilda II's seem pretty well invincible, but I've landed "good" hits on them before, and I've killed German tanks on Fall Weiss with only two shots. Just be aware of where you're shooting, and they actually work fairly well.

Luscious

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

2nd August 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Mathilda II's were well know for being super-armored beasts in there time. The germans had a very hard time with them in Afrika, where only the 88 was effective against them.

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

I love it how all the axis on crete take M35's and then when they jump out of the ju52 they realise they don't have a parachute, HAHAHA!

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

That's not funny, I tried that the first time I played!

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago
'LIGHTNING [NL']I love it how all the axis on crete take M35's and then when they jump out of the ju52 they realise they don't have a parachute, HAHAHA!

yea lol "all of you who picked at class is screwed !! muhahaha! *jumps out of paraplane and opens parachute*"

FryaDuck

All my base are belong to n0e

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

515 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago
D-fenceI don't think that's something strange. AT-rifles were pretty weak, espescially the early ones. Add to that the Matilda 2 was very armored. What the Germans need on Crete is either AT guns or recoilless artillery. The M35 is ok against Panzer II however.

Well AT rifles should be particularly non effective especially when you consider that for WWII AT guns and rifles if the caliber of the gun is equal to or bigger than the armour plate it hits then it will penetrate.

Pzkpfw II Ausf A-C had a max armour of 14.5 mm, the Matilda II was 78mm. The caliber of the M35 was 7.92mm so "normal" ammo would hardly penetrate yet the M35 had a penetration of 20mm @ 300m @ 90°. Two shots is not unreasonable to kill a PzII but forget it when it comes to the Matilda.

BTW I didn't know the Fallschrimjagers used Polish AT rifles?

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

All you do is moan and groan. You don't think they know that germans don't use polish AT rifles. But at this moment their is ONLY ONE AT RIFLE in the mod. Call it a placeholder. Its either use the only AT rifle avaible or back to Panzerfaust for 1939.