Heinrich Blotgrasse

XXIX Panzerkorps

50 XP

2nd November 2003

0 Uploads

186 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I know that this has recieved cursory attention in another thread but there wasn't much discussion on it. I believe that this would be an excellent addition to an already excellent tank sighting system.

What do you guys think?

Has this idea attracted any notice from the dev team?

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

I think this would be a great addition on 'some' tanks but not all. Could really help if we get some really big open maps in the next release but right now with most of the maps it wouldn't help too much.

sturmklinge

Rippin' Kitten

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

451 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

i missed the other thread, but this would be an nice idea. atm i drive nearly all the time with enabled optics, so the other view doesn't have any real right to exist. maybe with an magnification optic this would change. drive without optics, hold, use optics to look for enemy, engage enemy if there is one or drive again if there is nobody. this would also give some more range for differences between tanks because the optics where of different quality.

Heinrich Blotgrasse

XXIX Panzerkorps

50 XP

2nd November 2003

0 Uploads

186 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago
KämpferI think this would be a great addition on 'some' tanks but not all.

Good point. I think it should be limited to the tank killers eg. Tigers, Panther, Firefly, Jackson, IS-2, T34-85. You wouldn't want magnified optics on a Sherman 105 or Panzer II for example.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Great option for tanks that could historically effective shoot beyond 1000 m. ( 1 km )

That would be late war german and russian tanks, and late war tank destroyers.

raslin

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

9th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,062 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

It wouldnt be cool to be a hull mg'er/top mg'er with magnification set on...

urseus

|LAB|urseus²

50 XP

8th May 2003

0 Uploads

263 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

I find it fine the way it is. I usually drive 3rd person, then when i get to the flashpoint of a map, ill go to first person and cruise around, then when i spot an enemy ill stop, change to optics, then fire. I find the optic view lags alot of the time, more than 3rd person.

Heinrich Blotgrasse

XXIX Panzerkorps

50 XP

2nd November 2003

0 Uploads

186 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago
raslinIt wouldnt be cool to be a hull mg'er/top mg'er with magnification set on...

Errrrrr......I'm not talking about magnifying views for MG positions??? If you want to use the MG in the driver position then switch optics off if you feel it's necessary.

HalfGod85

I Give FH my Soul To LIVE!!

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

49 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

i think thats a great idea, Theres been so many times i see a tank thats really freaking far that all i can see is a little dark thing but with a higher magnification that could make tanking alot more fun. Might give you a better chance to hit something but not be seen or hit your self.. hope the dev's take this into consideration.

Lobo

All your base are belong to FH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

6,883 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

The "Big Brother" is browsing this forum even if you don't think so. I have posted this idea in our private forum already. We will discuss it.