Myxlminx

Fearless Leader

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

254 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Although i am aware that most things have been already mentioned in several threads, how about collecting balancing issues with map in this thread. I for myself just played wake on wolf with a few others (i think BAM was with me there) and only used the AA gun pointing to the stranded destroyer to kill ppl on the ship, landing boats, ppl in the water and occassionally one or two planes....105:10 kill:death ratio... . Maybe this flak should be removed or shifted towards the airfield, this destroyer has already a costal gun pointing at it and thats enough in my opinion.

Another map to balance is berlin outskirts, as much as i love it, playing the russians is a pain in the ass, inf never makes it over the hill, tanks mostly the same. The weaker tanks like t-34 and bt-5 are more of a death trap against several 88s and a King Tiger +Inf, maybe remove some 88s and accordingly some russian tanks perhaps, at the moment it is unplayable for the russians IMO.

Don´t get me started on Battle of the Bulge...... :rolleyes:

PanzerAce

Some Guy...

50 XP

11th January 2004

0 Uploads

736 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

dude, BoB dont need to be balanced, look at history, germans were easily going to win except for tactics and fuel.

Heinrich Blotgrasse

XXIX Panzerkorps

50 XP

2nd November 2003

0 Uploads

186 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

I thought Varilisk was going to be altered. Additional allied tanks, field guns and/or IS-2.......was I wrong?

Myxlminx

Fearless Leader

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

254 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

But it is unplayable now.....since we are no reinactors of the BoB battle, a little more balancing would be nice, the king tiger drives right into the allies base and thats it, or do you want to try to kill the KT with a bazooka or with a sherman?

Myxlminx

Fearless Leader

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

254 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Thought so too Heinrich, only played it as the germans ATM and I must admit that nothing has changed as far as i could see, easy win as ever... :(

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Imho map balance isn´t so important. Mostly nobody cares if their team win or looses, as long as they have a decent score. But I agree that some maps should be tweaked to make game-play a bit more versatile. As mentioned above, in Berlin outscourts, the Russians seldomly capture a flag. So the map plays the same each time you play it...

Heinrich Blotgrasse

XXIX Panzerkorps

50 XP

2nd November 2003

0 Uploads

186 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago
MyxlminxBut it is unplayable now.....since we are no reinactors of the BoB battle, a little more balancing would be nice, the king tiger drives right into the allies base and thats it, or do you want to try to kill the KT with a bazooka or with a sherman?

I tried messing around with a KT yesterday. Just 2 of us on the server. Me as an AT against the KT. Got to the top of the Windmill and waited for him. 2 shots to the top and it was smoking pretty badly but he got me and made some repairs. Jumped in a Sherman with the hope of taking him out while on low health. Two shots to the tracks was all I could manage before he took me out with one shot. So I moved to the top of the Church in St Vith and waited. He gets there an I get three hits on the KT (at rather long range) until he spots me and wastes me. The KT is extremely damaged but still alive.

Now while this sort of damage is not too bad considering its 1 AT versus the biggest tank in the game. The only reason I got anywhere with it was because I was in peculiar spots and the KT went into areas it really shouldn't. I have yet to play a proper game of BotB but I can guess what the KT does to the allied armour.

My suggestion therefore is to add at least couple of Fireflies, especially considering Axis have both the King Tiger and Tiger now.

HalfGod85

I Give FH my Soul To LIVE!!

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

49 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

I think Varilisk is alittle to unfair in some ways. i like how panzers dont die in one shot anymore like last patch but it still takes like 4 shoots to a t-34's tracks to kill him front armor dosnt even hurt them, dont get me wrong i dont want you to change the tanks i love them but maybe add some other german tanks or some flak 88's to defend the german base, mush to often i find the germans being base camped by the russains and nothing they can do to stop them. maybe a panzer 4H maybe even one a good tanker can do alot of damage with one of those babys. any other ideas would be cool

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

If you say some maps are unbalanced i agree totally......BUT

It makes the game much more interesting then a fictional balanced map. Playing these maps is closer to the situation that really went down.

I have seen allied players getting killed over a 100 (!) times in one round at the beach.

But i also saw a more coordinated attack, with a group scattering but still remaining a group had large succes against one of the bunkers and actually made it up.

If you are playing for score, you should probably not play these maps. As allies your kill/death rate will suck, as axis a super high score means nothing because that is real easy to aquire.

Maybe some issues like that flak placement can be finetuned. In Betatesting the devs probably did not have time to see/check everything.

I personally really like these maps both ways. It makes them feel more like real war.

If you want fair/balanced results, set 2 rounds for that map, and ask all players to play each side once. Clans will fight that way by default, in official matches.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

As ive said before, the secret to berlin outskirts is the artillery, followed by a major tank rush. Keyword, artillery.

Even on a public russians can easily win, they just have to keep those rockets and howies screaming. Take out all of the anti tank guns, and the russian tanks can just roll in (one KT and a p4d fall quickly to 6 t34s and an is2).

After that, its a trench war, which is anyones game (usually the russians, as they have the ppsh)