Myxlminx

Fearless Leader

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

254 Posts

0 Threads

#11 14 years ago

Beast maybe you are right, but BoB on Wolf was a blast (of 50 players only 15 remained to play it, which tells you IMo much about the fun at the moment, and the map was over in under 7 minutes, as the king tiger entered the allied base, blew all tanks to bits and captured the flag while the tiger and Brummbär killed everyone that dared to look out of his bunker, maybe at least more AT guns to the base would do the trick :/

Heinrich Blotgrasse

XXIX Panzerkorps

50 XP

2nd November 2003

0 Uploads

186 Posts

0 Threads

#12 14 years ago

Just noticed that all the allied planes have been removed from Operation Market Garden. There are still Axis AA batteries in place of course.

So that's 1x Tiger, 2xStug, 2x Pz4H vs. 2 x Fireflies with no airsupport. If you take the church you get 1x M10 (read useless) and no additional Firefly.

Hmmm......

Heinrich Blotgrasse

XXIX Panzerkorps

50 XP

2nd November 2003

0 Uploads

186 Posts

0 Threads

#13 14 years ago

And Tobruk looks like it will be unplayable as Axis.....at least until they get some PzrIIIs

Snorelax

Fat, Lazy, Misspelled Pokemon

50 XP

13th February 2004

0 Uploads

41 Posts

0 Threads

#14 14 years ago

Karelia... Why oh why do the allies get an IS-2 when they lose their rear point? The axis don't get some uberweapon when they lose theirs, and the IS-2 is neigh on impossible to take out in that narrow map with all the natural infantry cover you have. I thought they old 85 was a lot better for that situation, and maybe give the axis an AT class? Or one that they can grab or something.

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#15 14 years ago

Gazala -- axis can't win with PanzerIIs and Stug3bs and PanzerIVds against Crusaders, Stewies, and Matildas. I've played this so many times already, and every time is the same thing. Axis NEED, I repeat, NEED a long-barreled tank that can match the effectiveness of a Crusader. The Stuka would be better if it was the 3-bomb variant so it wouldn't have to reload after destroying a single tank. Also, 20mm PanzerII fire should realistically hurt the front armor of a Stuart, but it currently dosent. The allies just move up and kill all the Axis tanks at long range. The PanzerIIs can't even scratch the Matilda armor, and the PanzerIVds take 7 or 8 hits to kill a Matilda, to the rear. It's ridiculous to think they have any way of winning that map against a non-ape Allied team.

Tobruk -- Not as bad as Gazala, but giving the allies long-barreled anks and giving the axis PanzerIIs is just making a spawn-camping shooting gallery. Axis needs effective anti tank weapons that can take out targets far away.

Battle of the Bulge -- an M8 greyhound to counter the Puma would be nice. I know there's a model of it somewhere.

The Storm -- Patton got it right when he said that fortified positions were the last acts of stupid men. Axis always lose this map, because the allies have way too many tickets. They can keep attacking wave after wave and will eventually get inside, which is the end of the axis.

Makin -- Musical chairs with the flags. Each side just rides around the island capping the flags the other side just got. Some sort of incentive for getting the flags would be nice.

The rest are pretty good. I especially like what the devs did with Bocage. It can be won by allies now.

AntonioBora

GF makes me horny

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#16 14 years ago

Saipan- Although it sort of becomes Makin, at least in my experience in makin you have time to defend the beach. In saipan, the Japanese spawn too far away from the landing beach and the amtracks already got the point. Maybe this is intended, to push the allies back off the beach and then use the 8inch guns, I dunno...just found it a little frustrating not being able to get there in time. Maybe it shouldn't be tweaked..just wondered if anyone else felt that way. I think the landing of saipan historically was a contested landing, unlike okinawa, etc.

FreakNasty

Singlehearted

50 XP

7th October 2003

0 Uploads

2,489 Posts

0 Threads

#17 14 years ago

At BoB the Allies need tanks with a little more punch against Tiger and King Tiger. maybe add one or two M36 Jackson's to mainbase. The M36 west of the windmill at the lumber mill in 90% is never used by Allies, because you can't get there fast enough, before the germans steal or destroy it. And after the Windmill is gone, The M36 is gone anyway...

sturmklinge

Rippin' Kitten

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

451 Posts

0 Threads

#18 14 years ago

outskirts is a map like valirisk. all ppl complain it's unplayable and unbalanced and blablabla. all those ppl hop in a tank, rush to the hill and become shot. if you ask for a spot for arti, you will nearly never become one. i hope this will change like valirisk changed after some weeks.

anyway: i agree on most of the criticism, but makin is a nice map imo. but i liked the old crete too :) i like this "the bunny and the hedgehog"-game - but makin is easy to win for both sides if they defend the right points at all cost.

but i was a bit disappointed by some maps, because they weren't changed :( i hoped for a better balanced kharkov winter (i read somewhere, that some of the t-34 would be replaced by weaker tanks?), but now it really sucks for axis. in 0.5 axis had that uber-fausts to defend against the t-34, right now they have nothing. the new fausts are (imo) better then the old one, but worthless on this map. pzIV have no chance against t-34 what's just realistic, but not in a GAME (what forgotten hope still is). they had no real chance in 0.5 but in 0.6 they don't have any chance because of the t-34's armor and the new hitcalculation.

the axis base in "storm" is imo to close to the allied spawnpoints, it's becoming a fraghell when axis is pushed back to their mainbase. it isn't funny anymore. you spawn - dead. maybe you kill one allied before you die, but there is no chance to escape this hell. many players do what i did: don't spawn anymore until this map is over. maybe the two flags next to the base shouldn't be spawnbases (like the right flag in new omaha)

Myxlminx

Fearless Leader

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

254 Posts

0 Threads

#19 14 years ago

BTW. Saipan...is it normal that the japs don´t get a single piece of AA cover, besides that crappy 30 shot-MGs?

Petru

I post to get attention

50 XP

24th January 2004

0 Uploads

66 Posts

0 Threads

#20 14 years ago

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Valirisk and Berlin Outskirts, people just haven't learned to play them properly yet. The one true problematic map I've found is Arnhem. Allies take out a couple of "first rush" vehicles crossing hte bridge and it blockades the bridge with wreckage, nothing can pass, while they get showered with Piat fire from up high. Seriously, most "OMG WTF THIS MAP IS UBALANCED LOLZ!!!!11" type complaints are just because people haven't learned it. How many people on Valirisk have you seen using the new river fords to the NW and SE? 3 so far for me, out of 10+ rounds of it, and 1 of the 3 is me. People aren't adapting, so complain maps are unbalanced. How much coordinated Kat/105 fire have you see on Berlin Outskirts? I've yet to see the Kat even being manned, and then noone calls Artillery anyway. Or how many times do you see the 105s on Stalingrad being wasted by people firing at the water, the back flags, or just not firing at all spamming F2-F6 instead of clearing the landing areas? These maps are fine, they're just not being played right.