Big {Daddy}

Get in!

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

1,708 Posts

0 Threads

#21 14 years ago

I don't consider any of FH maps grossly unbalanced (except the desert maps and Kharkov Winter). However I feel FH should cater to a 32 player server regarding equipment available. I understand that the Allies must gang up on the superior German vehicles, but few servers have the manpower for a combined tank/artillery/air/infantry attack. It's alright on larger servers, but on smaller ones, the team with the better kit normally wins.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#22 14 years ago

MyxlminxAlthough i am aware that most things have been already mentioned in several threads, how about collecting balancing issues with map in this thread. I for myself just played wake on wolf with a few others (i think BAM was with me there) and only used the AA gun pointing to the stranded destroyer to kill ppl on the ship, landing boats, ppl in the water and occassionally one or two planes....105:10 kill:death ratio... . Maybe this flak should be removed or shifted towards the airfield, this destroyer has already a costal gun pointing at it and thats enough in my opinion.

Another map to balance is berlin outskirts, as much as i love it, playing the russians is a pain in the ass, inf never makes it over the hill, tanks mostly the same. The weaker tanks like t-34 and bt-5 are more of a death trap against several 88s and a King Tiger +Inf, maybe remove some 88s and accordingly some russian tanks perhaps, at the moment it is unplayable for the russians IMO.

DonĀ“t get me started on Battle of the Bulge...... :rolleyes:

yea those aa guns on sucks you should remove those that are near the beached ship they killed like 7 japanese guys there and there were som many bodies in the water it looked cool :)

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#23 14 years ago

'[CNIOhioan']Gazala -- axis can't win with PanzerIIs and Stug3bs and PanzerIVds against Crusaders, Stewies, and Matildas. I've played this so many times already, and every time is the same thing. Axis NEED, I repeat, NEED a long-barreled tank that can match the effectiveness of a Crusader. The Stuka would be better if it was the 3-bomb variant so it wouldn't have to reload after destroying a single tank. Also, 20mm PanzerII fire should realistically hurt the front armor of a Stuart, but it currently dosent. The allies just move up and kill all the Axis tanks at long range. The PanzerIIs can't even scratch the Matilda armor, and the PanzerIVds take 7 or 8 hits to kill a Matilda, to the rear. It's ridiculous to think they have any way of winning that map against a non-ape Allied team.

Tobruk -- Not as bad as Gazala, but giving the allies long-barreled anks and giving the axis PanzerIIs is just making a spawn-camping shooting gallery. Axis needs effective anti tank weapons that can take out targets far away.

Battle of the Bulge -- an M8 greyhound to counter the Puma would be nice. I know there's a model of it somewhere.

The Storm -- Patton got it right when he said that fortified positions were the last acts of stupid men. Axis always lose this map, because the allies have way too many tickets. They can keep attacking wave after wave and will eventually get inside, which is the end of the axis.

Makin -- Musical chairs with the flags. Each side just rides around the island capping the flags the other side just got. Some sort of incentive for getting the flags would be nice.

The rest are pretty good. I especially like what the devs did with Bocage. It can be won by allies now.

the greyhound can be found in the 1.6 patch you can use it liek you used that heli and its so cool cuse it fire rate is so fast ...

StrangerThanFiction

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,110 Posts

0 Threads

#24 14 years ago

I think it's a little early to talk about map balance, since players are still getting used to the new game dynamics and maps. The 0.5 version of Valarisk became a lot less one sided than it seemed when it first appeared, after people got used to it. Similarly Berlin Outskirts, the Soviet tanks have a tendency to stop on the crest of the hill and fire into the trenches from long range. This would have made sense in 0.5 where the most dangerous threat was the panzerfaust, but in 0.6 it just gives the much more dangerous AT guns a convenient silhouette to aim at. Driving straight into the trenches and mugging the AT guns seems to work pretty well, since Panzerfausts are more difficult to get a hit with. You may die pretty fast, but successive waves of armor have a much better chance of getting forward because of it.

MeanMrMustard

Such a mean old man

50 XP

15th September 2003

0 Uploads

178 Posts

0 Threads

#25 14 years ago

I wouldn't say BOTB was an unbalanced map, sure the Americans dont have any tanks to match the firepower and strength of the KT etc, but I've just come off a fantastic match on the BF1942files server, about 36 people with even teams throughout and Allies won both rounds. Yeh when the KT appeared it could usually blast away a few shermans etc. but as long as the Allies rallied round and used all their arty and AT capabilities effectively they could take it out before too much damage was done. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I believe the problem here isn't that maps are unbalanced, its that the tickets are set too low. All these servers with 100%, 120% and even 150% give rounds that are over far too quickly, giving rise to the situation where if a KT rushes the Allied base and caps the flag, the resulting ticket loss can be enough to lose the round. The BF1942 server Ive just come off was set at 200%, which is in my opinion the perfect amount, long enough to organise numerous attacks and counter attacks, but not so long that you get bored with the map. Also longer round times gives you longer to get to know your team and therefore helps teamwork somewhat. Harry