Gamthen

I rax0r you all!

50 XP

10th May 2003

0 Uploads

586 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

As most of you know or not DC has released it's new preview vid. It impressed me with one thing.Usually when you climb high in the air it just turns into fog.With the new DC it will all be clear. My map idea implements that idea,it would be the Allied bombing of Berlin, make about 5 custom buildings (with spawn points) and a crapload of flak sites.Then give the allies about 7 B-17's (this is a late bombing) and give the german about 3 fw-190's.Give the b-17 a bombsight too,so you could be accurate in bombing so high.That way you'd have to shoot a assload of flak up there to try and get the bombers so they don't get you.After that map concentrate your other maps around the ruins of that map. maybe some b-24's (not sure if they participated). You'd have to make that bombing sight accurate though, which would be kind of hard. Tell me if i'm wrong with the amount of building or anything because i'm not sure err should this go in suggestions?

CMSGT Johnson

I need an Enola Gay,can I?...

50 XP

4th October 2003

0 Uploads

244 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago
GamthenAs most of you know or not DC has released it's new preview vid. It impressed me with one thing.Usually when you climb high in the air it just turns into fog.With the new DC it will all be clear. My map idea implements that idea,it would be the Allied bombing of Berlin, make about 5 custom buildings (with spawn points) and a crapload of flak sites.Then give the allies about 7 B-17's (this is a late bombing) and give the german about 3 fw-190's.Give the b-17 a bombsight too,so you could be accurate in bombing so high.That way you'd have to shoot a assload of flak up there to try and get the bombers so they don't get you.After that map concentrate your other maps around the ruins of that map. maybe some b-24's (not sure if they participated). You'd have to make that bombing sight accurate though, which would be kind of hard. Tell me if i'm wrong with the amount of building or anything because i'm not sure

Yeah! I noticed that too! with the fog. I like that. Looks very nice, CLEAN, I think would be the word. :) Everyone (im pretty sure) wants a map like this. Would be fun to fly, but would require some more research. As far as bomb sights go..... hmm I dont know if its possible with the BF engine, but Ive been amazed before. I say give the FH boys a crack at it. ;)

HeLmUt_KlAmKe

Hell on Muteā„¢

50 XP

29th August 2003

0 Uploads

729 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

i like the idea. but theres a one known issue

the bombers started in england & u.s.a ... so where they could start ? :|

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

airborne?

make a REALLY big map?

CMSGT Johnson

50 XP

4th October 2003

0 Uploads

244 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

HeLmUt_KlAmKei like the idea. but theres a one known issue

the bombers started in england & u.s.a ... so where they could start ? :|

mid air-spawn? Its possible, a mini mod did that, they were a 100% dog fight mod is why they did that.

Gamthen

I rax0r you all!

50 XP

10th May 2003

0 Uploads

586 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago
CMSGT Johnsonmid air-spawn? Its possible, a mini mod did that, they were a 100% dog fight mod is why they did that.

the only problem is,they were suspended UPSIDE DOWN and with FH's new bomber physics.. b17=dead

Splinter(nl)

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

8th October 2003

0 Uploads

138 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

Or bombing france. Then the bombers could start in england like in BoB.

CMSGT Johnson

50 XP

4th October 2003

0 Uploads

244 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago
Gamthenthe only problem is,they were suspended UPSIDE DOWN and with FH's new bomber physics.. b17=dead

I never played the mod, but WHY the hell did they put them upside down?!?!?! Then again, do they have to be upside down? Could have the invisible catapult! That would fix the stalling issue.

Gamthen

I rax0r you all!

50 XP

10th May 2003

0 Uploads

586 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

they had the planes upside down to gain momentum because they didn't have a catapult. bombing france is no good, bombing Berlin sets up the ruins for the 3 other maps.

CMSGT Johnson

50 XP

4th October 2003

0 Uploads

244 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago
Gamthenthey had the planes upside down to gain momentum because they didn't have a catapult. bombing france is no good, bombing Berlin sets up the ruins for the 3 other maps.

Hmm, welp! we got one hehehe. So we can use it. :p