<RaA>Furnace

Nike-a-go-go

50 XP

29th April 2003

0 Uploads

38 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

i was reading some books on the eastern front, and came across some info about Operation Mars, of which was "Operation Little Saturn" which was the Italian 8th Army vs the Soviets.

I just bring this up because it would be neat to have a map with italians vs soviets for something different than the standard ger vs sov.

I am trying to fond unit info...but cant find any. Maybe some of our italian friends can supply some info.

some info as i find it:

[quote]

16th December - despite the initial success of Winter Storm, the Soviets launch the second part of their planned operations with Operation Little Saturn shattering the Italian Eight Army on the middle Don.

Little Saturn’s preliminary stages had already absorbed much of Manstein’s projected relief force by the time the main attack began on December 16. Soviet armor destroyed the Italian Eighth Army and temporarily overran the air base at Tatsinkaia, which was vital to the German airlift. Manstein drove forward with a single panzer corps on an ever-narrowing axis of advance in steadily worsening weather.

LITTLE SATURN drew German operational reserves (XXXXVIII Panzer Corps) away from the German relief effort at the most critical moment and caused it to abort. In operation LITTLE SATURN and the subsequent Kotel'nikovo operation (24-30 December), Soviet forces destroyed Italian Eighth Army, defeated German LVII Panzer Corps' attempt to relieve the Stalingrad garrison, and, even more importantly, threatened the safe withdrawal of German Army Group "A" from the Caucasus.

[/qoute]

Robthezombie/mk.2

#1 Canadian Psychopath

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,693 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

You realise making another map will draw out the release of FH AGAIN !

So here is my answer.......

Skorz

Dread pwns me!

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

452 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Yeah but maybe in later releases. I like the idea. :agreed:

<RaA>Furnace

Nike-a-go-go

50 XP

29th April 2003

0 Uploads

38 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

i didn't ask the FH mod team to make it, its for whomever and it was an idea.

BTW: take your silly jpg, STFU and next time dont be an ass.

Robthezombie/mk.2

#1 Canadian Psychopath

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,693 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Originally posted by Furnace i didn't ask the FH mod team to make it, its for whomever and it was an idea. BTW: take your silly jpg, STFU and next time dont be an ass.

Hey hey calm down now. Ok maybe my pic was a little bit rude and im sorry.

My point is that delaying the release to make yet ANOTHER map will piss off a part of the community. FH has plenty of maps and it could be included later on.

BUT LET'S HAVE FH FIRST !

Maximus

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

700 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

You could try looking through Antony Beevor's Stalingrad. I cant remeber if they gave many details on Operation Little Saturn, but I know they gave some good info on Operation Uranus. The very starting of Operation Uranus would be a good map I think. It would be the Romanians vs Soviets. Also contrary to popular belief the Soviets had to try muliple times to break through the Romanian's lines. The Romanians didnt have any Anti-Tank weapons either.

TommyGunDaliani

Cesare

50 XP

26th June 2003

0 Uploads

1,717 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

the italian 8th army consisted of 200000 people well over enough people to make a map for and hes right the soviet vs german maps are half the damn maps plus its getting old to see that and on top of the that therers only one italian map,Ughhh im so pissed:furious:

=Boche Buster=

Pro-Filer thinks I'm cool!!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

394 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

What about Russian vs. Japs?

Manchuria anyone? B.F. Pierce? lol

Maximus

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

700 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago
Originally posted by =Boche Buster= Manchuria anyone?

Yea, Manchuria would be a pretty cool map. We could see some of the latest Russian weapons in action. Im not sure, but was the IS-2 in service at this time?

TommyGunDaliani

Cesare

50 XP

26th June 2003

0 Uploads

1,717 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

NO more italian maps like the battle of the alps or a soviet italy battle