Blistex

Been here longer than you!

50 XP

21st May 2003

0 Uploads

480 Posts

0 Threads

#11 15 years ago

I find that even on lower end system the view distance isn't too much of a problem. It's maps with huge object counts that really affect performance since your pc is having to keep track of them as well.

I used to play FH on an Athlon 800 system with a Radeon 7200 and it was fine at 1024, but maps like orel with short view distances and high object counts really hurt the little guys.

Now that I have a 2.0 system with a 9800 Pro I'm not too worried about myself, but what's the fun if nobody else can play!

Tommek

I hate arcade!

50 XP

13th October 2003

0 Uploads

49 Posts

0 Threads

#12 15 years ago

As long as nearly all Servers are for 32 Players, big maps are nonsense. Even with 64 Players its sometimes hard to fill a map.

Blistex

Been here longer than you!

50 XP

21st May 2003

0 Uploads

480 Posts

0 Threads

#13 15 years ago
TommekAs long as nearly all Servers are for 32 Players, big maps are nonsense. Even with 64 Players its sometimes hard to fill a map.

I prefer the one over 32. The 40 and 50 player servers are my Fav! nothing like trying to stop a human wave attack in stalingrad with the MG-42!

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#14 15 years ago

B.F. Piercenope, objects viewed through fog are still rendered (because you can still see their highlights in the fog.

Like I said, view distance not fog, those are two separate entities in the map's init.con

So this means in Prokhorovka that amount of fog is not nessesary to prevent framelag.....

Or is fog another way of consealing low view distance ? ( popping up objects )

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#15 15 years ago
Beast of WarI am curious how many FH players have decent systems that can handle less fog, larger maps and more vehicles, and FH players that have old or low end systems and really need limitations that most players do not like.

This poll is kinda incomplete. I have a modern high-end system and I don't want the low-end systems to be shut out of playing the mod because they don't have a new computer. FH could use some optimization before they make more vehicles and greater fog distance. That way the current comps that can run it will be able to still run it.

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#16 15 years ago

then make the effects scalable!

Tommek

I hate arcade!

50 XP

13th October 2003

0 Uploads

49 Posts

0 Threads

#17 15 years ago

Making it scalable? Yeah would be very nice for some people... just grab a Sniper-Kit and kill this poor idiots without a highend-system. :rolleyes:

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#18 15 years ago
'[CNIOhioan']This poll is kinda incomplete. I have a modern high-end system and I don't want the low-end systems to be shut out of playing the mod because they don't have a new computer. FH could use some optimization before they make more vehicles and greater fog distance. That way the current comps that can run it will be able to still run it.

Low end computers won't be shut out of playing FH if requirements would increase...

You can't expect to run FH in full detail, with AA x 8 on and resolutions higher then 800x600 with a low end system.

In other words, you can tune the requirements down quitte a lot yourself. Only no gamer likes or wants to do that, and none but the most desperate gamers actually do tune down graphics/sound settings :uhm:

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#19 15 years ago

not my problem they can still play we can play better

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP