Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#21 15 years ago

How I run FH:

100% View Distance Shadows, Lightmaps, Env Mapping on Graphics Full Textures Full Effects Full 1024x760x32@85hz

Sound Quality High Sound Detail High Hardware Accel enabled

AA at 4x Anisotropic Filtering at 4x

I get 99 fps most of the time. It bogs down a lot in Prokhorovka or if there's 64 people at the server.

I KNOW my setup is not what most people run and most computers wouldn't be able to, but the bottom line is, the more people that play FH the better. And if the requirements go up, less people will play because fewer CAN.

bombardier

Uncultured Swine

50 XP

21st October 2003

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#22 15 years ago

The fog is mostly a pain in the ass for pilots. It's real annoying on having to pinpoint enemy armour in the IL2, then quickly check the map, turn around, use the map to line up, and hope youre pointed right when you finally see the armour.

SgtBigglesworth

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

141 Posts

0 Threads

#23 15 years ago
bombardierThe fog is mostly a pain in the ass for pilots. It's real annoying on having to pinpoint enemy armour in the IL2, then quickly check the map, turn around, use the map to line up, and hope youre pointed right when you finally see the armour.

I second that. The fog on maps like prokhorovka is pretty annoying, you have just a split second between spotting a ground target, and seeing it dissapear into the fog behind you.

This issue has become more noticeable lately due to the lessened manoevrability of the planes.

Less fog would also make dogfighting a bit less of a game of chance..... the fog/viewdistance should extend further than the turning diameter of the least agile plane in my opinion. Would make things more interesting for the pilots.

And all you Anti Air ground pounders would be able to see planes coming from further away.

Greater fog/view distance is better all round! :cheers:

Infini7y

+LW[KgG]/|Cross

50 XP

12th March 2004

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#24 15 years ago

Battle of Orel is an impossible map for pilots. The amount of fog makes it impossible to spot a tank in the city then bomb it. I hate fogs! I want those moving 3D clouds from BG42/XWW2 and higher range of the sky for planes!

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#25 15 years ago

since it been confirm that FOG doesnt not help or hinder pc peformace, less fog is better in the long run. what we need to maps that dont need every room to be furnaced.

Myxlminx

Fearless Leader

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

254 Posts

0 Threads

#26 15 years ago

More Vehicles? You´ve got to be kidding, most maps are already laden with vehicles, some of them to the point where you see inf very seldom such as Alpenfestung, Prokhorovka, Breakthrough... . These map certainly don´t need more vehicles, it´s simply unrealistic to see only tanks drinving around maybe some planes too...

[11PzG]matyast

[11PzG] clan leader

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,175 Posts

0 Threads

#27 15 years ago

Bigger maps, less fog, more vehicles.....

VioLAtoR[xL]

Retteketet met je Bajonet

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,075 Posts

0 Threads

#28 15 years ago

I think we'll need 128 player servers if maps become larger and more vehicles are on them. I'd like that. 32 vs 32 is on many maps still not enough.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#29 15 years ago

why couldnt you name the poll "who wants lag" ...

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#30 15 years ago

I agree with some of you that I would like a further viewdistance very much, and have a system that could handle it. But I´m not a big fan of large scaled maps at all. As most of you pointed out, they tend to be more of a goose chase, and rarely have intensive fighting going on...