Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#31 15 years ago
MyxlminxMore Vehicles? You´ve got to be kidding, most maps are already laden with vehicles, some of them to the point where you see inf very seldom such as Alpenfestung, Prokhorovka, Breakthrough... . These map certainly don´t need more vehicles, it´s simply unrealistic to see only tanks drinving around maybe some planes too...

Depends how you look at things.....

Let say Tigers....

In real life when Tigers were first issued to the tank batalions they operated with 9 Tigers per company. Later that was increased to 14 Tigers per company. Battalions of 45 Tigers were established. That means in an offensive you could run into considerable numbers of them, and not one soletairy as in bf1942/FH.

Whatever you say, a single tiger is not much of a threat in most FH maps, even when it can destroy most enemy tanks in one shot. And a company is only a part of a larger group, so in most FH map area's the precence of a company of Tigers would be quitte normal. Goes pretty much for most type tanks.

Only at the war end german tanks could be seen fighting as isolated units.....when factories were totally wrecked and no longer able to produce sufficient number of new tanks or spare parts to repair damaged ones in the field.

Wespe's in real life operated as batteries of six vehicles that were directly tied to mobile formations. Offences were supported by several batteries. Again, in most FH map area's you would rather find a battery of 6 wespe's then only one soletairy unit.

Ofcourse bombers like the B17 and HE111 were almost never used on their own, but in formations that could count well over a hundred of them. In FH there is no room for hundreds, but flying in a formation should be possible.

Air supremacy role fighters did not fly on their own much too, they flew in groups of at least 6 fighters.

Several companies of same type vehicles, all together making up a section of a real battlefield can fit into the largest of FH maps. It would make the game more realistic war, but require a diffrent approach in gameplay.

Tommek

I hate arcade!

50 XP

13th October 2003

0 Uploads

49 Posts

0 Threads

#32 15 years ago

Beast are you kidding?

We are tlking about Servers with maximum 32 Players each side!

Sounds like your idea with the Tankfuel :rolleyes:

Nijo

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

20th August 2003

0 Uploads

140 Posts

0 Threads

#33 15 years ago

Well lets just disregard the poll since its so biased and options are clustered. Next time pls put some thinking into it when making a poll.

I could live with a couple of maps having bigger view distance and less fog but same amount of objects for testing purposes.

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#34 15 years ago
striderx2048 every room to be furnaced.

LOL, i did not see any furnaces in FH, but i bet you meant furnished :rolleyes:

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#35 15 years ago
'[SYN hydraSlav']LOL, i did not see any furnaces in FH.....

Really ?

I do not know exactly if this would qualify as a "furnace" in the correct English meaning of the word, as i would rather think of big industry ones, but isn't this one :

7HB7Q2TNNFFW

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#36 15 years ago

Further viewdistance, more vehicles(or the same amount of them aslong as it is historical accurate),but not necceraly bigger maps, bigger doesn't automaticaaly means better.

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#37 15 years ago
Beast of WarReally ? I do not know exactly if this would qualify as a "furnace" in the correct English meaning of the word, as i would rather think of big industry ones, but isn't this one

That's a stove. A furnace is usually something with open fire inside. Something like in the Steam-train, or as you said "big industrial ones" where they melt metal etc. And the moment i imagined an industrial furnace in FH homes, i just couldn't resist to make a comment :p

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#38 15 years ago
'[SYN hydraSlav']That's a stove. A furnace is usually something with open fire inside. Something like in the Steam-train, or as you said "big industrial ones" where they melt metal etc. And the moment i imagined an industrial furnace in FH homes, i just couldn't resist to make a comment :p

I think these stoves found in russian barracks and country homes in the 1940's were probably wood or coal fired and had a firebox just like a steam loco......maybe some pretty modern ones were oil or petroleum fired, maybe in large cities even gas. But then again wood or coal was probably more readily available in country places not in or very near to a large city.

We are talking about a time here showers in homes did not exist yet.......people washed themselves with buckets of water and soap you really don't want to touch now if you know what they are made from.....:p

But i take your word on it that this is a stove :p

Lets get back OT ;)

Huffardo

Arrrr!

48,770 XP

29th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,632 Posts

0 Threads

#39 15 years ago

I voted "I have a low end/old system : i can only play with fog, small maps and limited amount of vehicles", but actually i would like a bit longer view distance, as long as everything would be optimized so i wouldn't have to turn down to 640x480, that would be too ugly, my eyes need some rest from playing with 640*480 and the ugliest textures you could imagine, and with the ground brown everywhere except a ca 25m radius around you. (I play both with this computer with a Radeon 7500LE 64MB DDR and that other one with 16MB Rage 128 Pro) I would upgrade our both computers if i could afford it, but since I can't I don't see the point of only upgrading one of them and leaving the other one as crappy, and I don't have the money to upgrade both, and when I soon have to do my military service the upgraded one would be outdated when I would get back. (I never upgrade to top systems, if I would upgrade then it probably would be a 9200...) Don't worry, I won't stop playing FH only because of some lag, I already experience quite a lot of it especially on 16+ player servers, and used to play bf with a 700MHz Duron, but still don't make it too unplayable.

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#40 15 years ago

Yeah the fog is intended to stop with popping up objects.

If you're really observant you'll notice that objects are not drawn all of the time, that's what the cullradius is supposed to be used for. You'll see houses and stuff pop up on maps who have that radius set lower than the fog distance. Helps with smoothness but it looks ugly as hell. If you set both of these up right you'll save oodles of FPS on your maps and your map won't have those annoying popping objects you get sometimes.