JAGUART

Thanks for the ftk

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

220 Posts

0 Threads

#42 15 years ago

I want less fog, same maps, same amount of vehicles.

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#43 15 years ago

Well, up till now only about 14-15% of the people here couldn´t handle more viewdistance. I guess we can live with that. I´m looking forward to increased viewdistance, especially on maps like Foy, Ural and Karneila...

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#44 15 years ago

every house doesnt need chairs tables beds stoves in every room

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#45 15 years ago

Don't you have a stove in your bedroom then? not? Barred windows then? not? Propaganda posters on the wall? not? Dead soldier on the ground? yes!? But seriously some props in buidlings are nice, but the best soluion is to have a couple of props (in buildings) near flags and none (or very few) some further distance away from the flags.

schmoppa

Excited

50 XP

5th March 2004

0 Uploads

231 Posts

0 Threads

#46 15 years ago

Is there a way to make how many pieces of furniture/ other "optional" objects be an option you choose in game or in the config files? Anyways, I'm all for pushing back the view distance/fog limit. I shouldn't be punished just because I can run at higher graphics settings. And the argument that it will be a sniper fest is just plain wrong. Even sniper rifles can be inaccurate at long ranges, and pretty much the target has to be sitting still to have a prayer of hitting it. Then you add in network lag, and it's even harder to hit at long distances. I'm sure that inaccuracy can be built into the sniper rifles, right? As for the big or small map issue, here's my take: Small maps can be fun, but it's more like a Quake or UT map, like a cock-fight in a small pit. you get nonstop action but then strategy becomes less of an issue; it's basically a frag fest. You have a big map with tanks and people manning artillery and lone scouts hiding and calling out for targets, and all of a sudden you have time to think, breath, and plan your defenses. Sure, maybe this is not for those who have short attention spans, but it would be a nice change of pace to the typical frag fests you experience.