Meadow

You might very well think that

50 XP

21st February 2004

0 Uploads

3,000 Posts

0 Threads

#11 16 years ago

Give the medic NO WEAPON at all apart from a surgical knife.

Would you still play one?

Cpl. Joker

Go For Broke!

50 XP

6th March 2004

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#12 16 years ago

For the most part in BF42 and especially in FH, you die after only a few hits. That's why most people don't play as medics. Since you respawn anyway, it isn't as big a priority to heal ingame.

A better solution would to make healing more vehicle based, so people rely on APCs more often or to make deployable "aid stations".

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#13 16 years ago
KakoruWell there is somethimes where classes like "close-quarters" and "officers" are basically the same except one "minor" differences so maybe we can replace one of them with a medic class.. I don't see why the close-quarters couldn't carry both a binocular with 2 grenades Because I got tired of BF1942.. I might return to that server one day. I miss playing with Joe Momma (or getting killed by Joe Momma :naughty: ) and playing with other GFAQS member like sithlord.. Anyway, GOGO FH..!! Best mod!

what i mean for ever medicabinet, have a pickup able medic kit on the floor

exist

I post to get attention

50 XP

22nd January 2004

0 Uploads

72 Posts

0 Threads

#14 16 years ago

It would be rather useful. SMGs seem to be ever popular on a lot of maps now and they certainly don't always kill. If you work as part of a team a medic would be a good addition.

Rad-FH

Pro-Filer thinks I'm cool!!

50 XP

11th November 2003

0 Uploads

425 Posts

0 Threads

#15 16 years ago

One of the features we were trying to implement in .6 were the use of ambulances. These were to be like mobile med lockers but with a much bigger heal radius. I think most mappers were counting on this feature rather than spreading Medic packs everywhere.

Unfortunately, the projects outnumbered the amount of devs we have, and this got moved up to a later release. Please remember this is beta, and our 2nd release. We had some problems with this release that kept pushing it back again and again. Those problems are since solved (or gone I should say :) ) and we are going to be releasing updates on a much more frequent basis. So don't fret the small stuff.... We'll have plenty of health to go around in future updates.

[SaS]SgtMajor_Rock

[SaS]Drill Sergeant

50 XP

21st January 2004

0 Uploads

70 Posts

0 Threads

#16 16 years ago

I would say medics would be great, but they should not have a nice weapon like a Thompson, give them a Carbine or something. The second thing would be that they can't heal themselves. If you could do that then I say put them in but if not then its not worth it. It would be a teamwork thing if they could not heal themselves. Otherwise guys would do just like stock BF and run around all day not dying a whole lot because they can heal themselves. At least you would have to team up with another medic haha.

Az*

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

3rd November 2003

0 Uploads

107 Posts

0 Threads

#17 16 years ago
Rad-FHOne of the features we were trying to implement in .6 were the use of ambulances.

Dewd that will rule,one of the best ideas i heard and i will prey that ya'll can implement it :D To be honest they have a point about meds,sure it aint realistic but like some1 sed,neither is a super uber eng that repairs a king tiger in 10 seconds with his wrench so........

InsaneJakester

G-UNIT and [11PzG] 4eva WERD!!

50 XP

21st January 2004

0 Uploads

181 Posts

0 Threads

#18 16 years ago

ON karelia there are medics on the ground that you can pick up. Just no one picks them up. They are at the most southern base that you can capture inside the fort.

SgtBigglesworth

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

141 Posts

0 Threads

#19 16 years ago

The only time I miss being able to play as medic is on maps like Omaha, when I'm running up the beach with my teammates dropping like flies all around me. Having the medic class on maps like that would ensure that people stick together.

Actually - while we're on the topic of "Sticking together" would it be possible for Officers and Medics to show up as a different color on the minimap?

Kakoru

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

18th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,050 Posts

0 Threads

#20 16 years ago
hey dont fuck with the engineer k?

Hey dont **** with the medic k? Oh wait, they already did :( :( :(

For the most part in BF42 and especially in FH, you die after only a few hits. That's why most people don't play as medics. Since you respawn anyway, it isn't as big a priority to heal ingame.

Actually, I see many people using the medic in BF1942