perry07

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

6,510 Posts

0 Threads

#31 17 years ago

the medic should be a kit. it needs a knife, a medpack that you can refill at medlockers. but the refill wouldnt take anny longer than 10 sec. it would alsot last longer. they also need a pistol. but they made the pistols so crappy in fh now. it takes 4 shots in the back with no4 revolver to kill someone. is that realism or bf1942?

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...

50 XP

4th October 2003

0 Uploads

612 Posts

0 Threads

#32 17 years ago

Give me a carbine and a medipack, and I'd be happy to run around healing people :p

shinglaifs

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

5th March 2004

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#33 17 years ago

I think you ppl need a nurse!

LOL:cheers: how about give every class a med pack which can only heal others, just like Sven Coop of Half-life.

axkgkadragon

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

15th November 2003

0 Uploads

798 Posts

0 Threads

#34 17 years ago

This post should help.

1) medics DID carry weapons, they were each issued on colt .45 (americans) just in case the enemy 'forgot' about the geneva convention

2) Id suggest takeing a look a the medic system firearms (half life) has set up. When ever you heal some one you get a point (our victory points) and you can only heal a certain person so many times (two or three i think) only for so much.

I feel giving a medic points for healing would encourage people to heal others, cuz heck id know for a point like that id just through some explosions.

Maginot

aka Major Pappy Boyington :)

50 XP

6th November 2003

0 Uploads

47 Posts

0 Threads

#35 17 years ago

Yeah! We need the medics in Omaha Beach or some First Aid kits too!

Quercus

Cocoa-Banana

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

63 Posts

0 Threads

#36 17 years ago

I agree with Bigglesworth on this - the reason medics weren't armed in real life was so the enemy wouldn't shoot them - that just wouldn't work in FH unless you make the medic invulnerable or cause the person killing them to suffer a TK.

A better solution would be to combine the medic and the officer class and then have them as a limited number of kits near the initial spawnpoints of both teams on ALL maps. Class could have a pistol, SMG, binoculars and medical kit (which they can't use on themselves). Then remove the Officer kit from the available loadouts.

Actually, one other idea would be to list all available kit variations available on a map, either in the readme or on the initial map objective screen - not where they are but what they are. Just something simple like "In-game kits: Pilot, MG Support, AR Support, Medic" (etc.)

JAGUART

Thanks for the ftk

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

220 Posts

0 Threads

#37 17 years ago

A spawnable medic kit on some infantry combat oriented maps would be best. like on Omaha. Giving the opposing team a tk for killing him, if that's possible. I think its addition would add an interesting element to gameplay.