Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#11 17 years ago

I find Orel is a bad map for tanks fighting you become easy pickings for Expacking engineers of if your a Soviet tanker you ussally get a faust up the butt. Realise that when your in urban fighting in a tank it is better to move turn the tank itself not the turrent.

The Jackalx2k

FHmod Developer

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,214 Posts

0 Threads

#12 17 years ago

I'm really worried about the addition of anti tank rifles. I mean...

Picture yourself in a tank and someone literally snipes your tank and kills it D:

Someone can just camp an area overlooking the map sniping any tanks they see. I dunno about you but I would rather not have the anti tank rifles in unless they only do like 2-3 bars of damage with everyshot and shoot really slow and have high recoil.

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#13 17 years ago

well make them do little damage to the tank, or only to the treads, and have default accuracy of about like a pistol so theyre not sniping people and tanks. and bullet drop off. in other words make them suck

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#14 17 years ago

Yeah exactly, make them suck just like they did in RL and we'll be fine ;)

Robthezombie/mk.2

#1 Canadian Psychopath

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,693 Posts

0 Threads

#15 17 years ago

Well anti-tank rifles did have some use.... if you prop them with poles with one on each end you can dry your laundry on em....

Wiking9

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

4th August 2003

0 Uploads

359 Posts

0 Threads

#16 17 years ago

I figured I would have to step in here:D

First off, Soviet anti-tank rifles DID NOT suck, and had pretty excellent range for their calibur. The first anti-tank rifle of the war was employed by the Germans, it being the Pzb-39 (7.92mm). It saw moderate success, but was later dropped due to the development of the panzershrek and panzerfaust.

Russian rifles saw two different designs, the PTRS Simonov, which was a self-loading 14.5mm rifle that had a range of around 1500 meters. It weighed in at around 48 pounds.

The PTRD Degtyarev was also 14.5mm, but was a single-shot rifle that employed a shorter range (1000 meters), and was much lighter at 35 pounds.

Lend-Lease is garbage, they still produced more anti-tank rifles than bazooka's they received.

Balnacing out such a weapon in-game is another can of worms al ltogether.

Archangel85

Customtitles rock!

50 XP

30th June 2003

0 Uploads

795 Posts

0 Threads

#17 17 years ago

can you make running speed depending on the gun? So that a guy with a AT-rifle is outrun by a matilda I? I mean, 45 pounds isn't that lightwhight.

Ilythiir

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#18 17 years ago
Picture yourself in a tank and someone literally snipes your tank and kills it D:

Historically the AT rifle wasn't very useful. The thicker the armour the less successful was the AT rifle, while the Panzerschreck burned a hole into the armour and killed the tank crew with extreme heat after the penetration, leaving the tank intact. So the Panzerschreck and Zooka were a far more successful concept, although their range was limited. Neither the AT rifle nor the Panzerschreck can be historically simulated by the BF42 engine. Just balance it with making the rifle weak but with a higher range.

Also right now it's very hard to use the Panzerschreck properly and that's good. Tankers who whine about Engis and AT troops that blow'em up easily, should try out some infantry cover on city maps. That's how they did it historically, a lone tank in a city was done for.

Flokken

The Piat+n02 are my friends ;)

50 XP

1st July 2003

0 Uploads

163 Posts

0 Threads

#19 17 years ago

what about the panzerfaust on crete? Is that one replaced by a anti tank rifle in the future?

scion

I post to get attention

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

67 Posts

0 Threads

#20 17 years ago
CoolguyActually the Russians had quite a few bazookas because of the lend-lease program (the German Panzerschrek was made after the bazooka was captured from Soviet troops)

They had more captured Panzerschreks and Panzerfausts than they did Bazookas.