Super Six Four

XWWII Historical Research

50 XP

3rd July 2003

0 Uploads

83 Posts

0 Threads

#42 16 years ago
Artie BuccoFor the last time the Matilda I in FH is armed with a .50 vickers!!!

Show me how the .50cal vickers armed Matilda mkI was involved in any sort of combat on Crete.

Wiking9

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

4th August 2003

0 Uploads

359 Posts

0 Threads

#43 16 years ago

And the WW2 pissing match begins...I want IN!

BlitzPig_Machine

Addicted to GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

182 Posts

0 Threads

#44 16 years ago
Super Six FourShow me how the .50cal vickers armed Matilda mkI was involved in any sort of combat on Crete.

Facts:

1. A .50 cal armed Matilda WILL kill a Panzer II.

2. We don't know how many Matilda's were armed with .50s v. .303s...do we? :D There's very little information on that, just that they carried either or. It may have been the case they were all converted to Vickers .50's. It may not. Data would be welcome, but if we don't know, lets not argue it was "rare" or "common" just that it could be.

3. There were no Matilda I's at Crete. Check the Crete thread. Something seems to have happened to my quotes there, but there's a link...Super 64 reposted the quote. There were only A12s and MKVIs at Crete, remember. BUT MkIV's ALL had .50's. So, in that regard, the Panzer II still looses. :D AND it's MUCH faster than a Matilda...so, on balance...it's okay.

SgtStryder

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

4th August 2003

0 Uploads

9 Posts

0 Threads

#45 16 years ago

Personally I'd like to see the support class have placeable mgs, similar to DC's mortars. This would solve the whole MG running-and-gunning and probably will get people to use the smg's more.