Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I thought i was helping my team in Kharkov Winter with a trick i once learned from a clan that defeated the clan i used to be in : hide APC in the bushes and use them to kill the enemy airforce, them not knowing where they are shot from ( so they cannot retailliate )

Well, as devastating it was to us then ( BF1942 Patch 1.3 ) as useless it is in FH 0.5 !

They didn't see me allright, but the vehicle MG in FH has proven to be useless against flying aircraft. Client side me hitting them was confirmed by the hitindicator in the crosshair, but even if i continuous hit ( confirmed by hit indicator ) a fighter with the mg up to it overheats and stops ( 6 seconds or so ) it escapes without even pooring smoke.....

But if i fire on aircraft sitting on the airfield they explode in 2 seconds......if they are fired on by a fighter with mg alone in the air they also go down quick.....So what is the deal with ground mg ??? Packet loss ? Server not registering the hits ? Why doesn't it affect bf1942 then ? Why don't fighters suffer from that then, simply because they have more mg and do more damage when they make a hit ? As tailgunnner or airgunner the same seems to happen, making these positions just plain ineffective. ( besides the bomber explodes before you can even return fire )

If it is packet loss, or some other error that causes fired bullits to go missing between the client and the server, i think you really should increase the damage of the airgunner and ground mg to aircraft somewhat. I am sure a MG would be very unhealty for engine, pilot, controller cables, fuel lines and so on if a MG does make hits on a fighter, somewhat less on bigger planes.

I am not suggesting MG make flying impossible, like in that horrible patch 1.3 of DICE, but they should damage an aircraft to the point it will break off the attack to for repairs or go down if it continues the attack !! Wat else are airgunner and tailgunner positions good for ?

Shade_PW

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

761 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

I agree! A MG42 would rip a fighter to pieces.

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago
Shade_PWI agree! A MG42 would rip a fighter to pieces.

You would be suprised how many small caliber rounds a fighter or bomber could take. But I agree MGs need more damage.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago
Artie BuccoYou would be suprised how many small caliber rounds a fighter or bomber could take. But I agree MGs need more damage.

I believe you on bomber or dive bomber aircraft, these were more or less designed to take some damage and make it home, they were expected to be fired upon.

But fighters are diffrent.....they were built for performance in dogfighting, and are not expected to take fire, but to fire on targets themselves...... so all weight that could be spared was left out......weapons and engine were heavy enough, although some had an armoured plate behind the pilot seat. That did not preven other damage to the aircraft though.......Only some US navy fighters i know of were actually light armoured, and very late war german fighters that fought with daylight US bomber formations.

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

I'd rather not see the days of 1.3 return. It was NOT fun to fly in 1.3 at all. The MG on the ground shouldn't be the primary AA weapon, but I think its damage rate is just fine now. Try a test run with a friend. Have him do flybys of you while you fire on him and let him report back what level his health is after each pass. If we can get some hard data that would help.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago
Solo4114I'd rather not see the days of 1.3 return. It was NOT fun to fly in 1.3 at all. The MG on the ground shouldn't be the primary AA weapon, but I think its damage rate is just fine now. Try a test run with a friend. Have him do flybys of you while you fire on him and let him report back what level his health is after each pass. If we can get some hard data that would help.

I agree on the 1.3 days not returning......that was rediculous, taking any aircraft to the air was the same as taking a bomber to the air in FH 0.5 now....you would just explode in seconds. But the mg on vehicles and in airgunner positions in bombers in FH 0.5 to air targets does WAY to less damage to be of any use. Like i stated earlier, aircraft hit by these weapons should at least think twice about continuing the attack, or land for repairs.

I suspect you get diffrent data from a LAN setup then you get in a regular online game. But since we all do play it online, something needs to be done about that.

I know it sounds all like whining and complaining, but i am so dissapointed these excellent FH models with all these mg positions are......useless. How much better would it be if they were actually used, and the only way of that happening is when they are effective.

lumpeh

FH Groupie

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,174 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

MGs on bombers are pants as they stand now. I've had a fighter come in from afar, give a stream of bullets at it and have the X on permanently only to have it fly up and destroyer our plane. All this time my bullets were hitting it constantly... I might as well be using a peashooter the way these things damage!

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Yeh, youd think the 50cal on a halftrack would take a zero out of the sky with less then 150 shells.

Shade_PW

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

761 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

And the bomber MG's need to be made stronger! Coupla days ago I was playing El Alamein. I jump into the B25 as the top gunner. We lift off and I spot a Bf109 coming in behind us. He still had to turn - he was trying to destroy parked planes. AND I WAS SHOOOTING AT HIM WHEN HE WAS TURNING AND WHEN HE FOLLOWED US (I hit him, the indicator showed plus I saw the parts flying off) AND HE STILL HAD TIME TO DESTROY OUR BOMBER AT FULL HEALTH. That is just weak....

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

Ive never killed an enemy plane with a bombers turrets. I can REAAAAL close when a zero was tailing abot 5 feet behind our b25. I got him black smoke, then I ran out of ammo -_-