crazy449

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

26th January 2004

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Sorry if this is a noob question But I keep on reading about people complaining about the MG42 and how all the German players use it So which class has it???? I have the latest version of FH and from my experience the MG42 is either deployed from the transport, static or vehicle mounted, not man portable. thanks

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Some maps have the German support class with the MG42. You get three drums of 72rounds and alot of people use it like a assasult rifle . Running up and diving for the ground and firing. People look like a porposie jumping through the water so its called Porposing.

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

If there's a support class it will have the MG42 or MG34, depending on the map

[L³]

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Maybe your'e thinking of the MG 34... The 34 is a great weapon, and other nations have no LMG capabale of matching it, but you should know that if you play FH. I don't remember axix support carrying a mg 42.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago
'[L³']Maybe your'e thinking of the MG 34... The 34 is a great weapon, and other nations have no LMG capabale of matching it, but you should know that if you play FH. I don't remember axix support carrying a mg 42.

I could hav sworn I had kills with a MG42 so I went into Kaerelia and it has a MG34 but when I played Battle Of The Bulge I had a MG42.

Lobo

All your base are belong to FH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

6,883 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

The HMG's will be not so easy to use in 0.6 so I am sure not a lot of people will choose this class, like in the real war squads.

crazy449

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

26th January 2004

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

is it only avaliable in conquest? As I usually play coop so maybe that's why I haven't seen it

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago
crazy449is it only avaliable in conquest? As I usually play coop so maybe that's why I haven't seen it

I just fired up Bulge in coop and it was there

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

...you need to play summore FH guy. According to the map, axis support either has mg34 or mg42 (+42 maps have mg42s :p) Its not mounted on many vehicals, and .5 only has a deployable mg34 (both are in .6)

Useing a MG is very... dod-ish in .6 and I quite enjoy it, but it does take some skill and patience. You have verturally NO weapon to use on the move. The mg cant hit the broad side of a barn, and you have your butterknife for backup. Best thing to do (works best in urban maps) is find a nice little nook or bush somewhere and set up camp. You are ONLY effective when "deployed" (basicly not moveing for more then 4 seconds). While german MGs are very accurate, they have beastly recoil (especially the 42, wich can only be fired in very tiny bursts). allied lmgs have smaller clips, but are as accurate, and alot easier to control.

No more porposeing (that goes for any weapon) and certainly no more useing it like an assualt rifle. the only way youl get killed by an mg is when its already deployed.

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

It's called Dolphin Diving in DC and is widely done with the PKM. Also: MG42 is on Market Garden after the Axis capture the main bridge flag. It spawns as a kit outside the stone bunker.