Myxlminx

Fearless Leader

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

254 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Could you plz make the mines stronger again? As it is right now, a sherman takes 3-4 Mines to explode and I don´t think that many tanks could take that much Hits from 30cm At-Mines. Right now it is pointless to try stop the enemy with mines, a mine should at least severe damage a sherman tank if not destroy it...

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago
MyxlminxCould you plz make the mines stronger again? As it is right now, a sherman takes 3-4 Mines to explode and I don´t think that many tanks could take that much Hits from 30cm At-Mines. Right now it is pointless to try stop the enemy with mines, a mine should at least severe damage a sherman tank if not destroy it...

I agree with that.

AT mines were heavy enough to kill most heavy vehicles and tanks isntantly and at least blast the tracks off very heavy armoured tanks.

I did read in the Tigerfibel tigers had driven over several mines and kept going. A tiger tank itself is heavily armoured, but i do not see why their tracks would be stronger then that of other counties tracks, so that must have been propaganda more then anything else......

A tank blown off track(s) during an offensive or retreat had to be abandoned, as not being able to face enemy tanks with front armour and being shot in the side would have all type tanks, even Konigs Tigers easily destroyed. Infantry also finished off inmobile and left behind lone tanks.

If an offensive was sussesfull, these abondoned tanks could be salvaged and repaired. If the offensive failed, or it was abandoned during a retreat it was a total loss.

A damaged track can often be repaired by the tank crew itself in a few hours......but not in the middle of a battle or in enemy territory !

Because FH tanks cannot be rendered inmobile ( and have to be repaired ) one anti tank mine should kill all tanks, or at least destroy all tanks and nearly kill Tigers and King Tiger......that way advancing after having struck a mine is very unrecommendable....