Master Minder

FHdev

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

680 Posts

0 Threads

#31 16 years ago

you allready have to option to make a tank not moveable ... if it just has about 5 hp or so it dosnt move anymore ... and this happens often

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#32 16 years ago

im talking about using the sand texture etc, not the paint look

JAGUART

Thanks for the ftk

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

220 Posts

0 Threads

#33 16 years ago
'[OBCTGlutton']The mod Action Battlefield already does this. They made it so when you throw down a mine, only the trigger plate is visible. It does make you very cautious in a tank.

never played that mod. Too gamey. How effective is the "trigger plate visible" alteration? Also, I have seen the mines with the common terrain texture, like snow for instance, and I thought they worked pretty damned good.

They best mod so far for tank damage is XWW2. They simulate "disabled" tanks if you hit them in the tread. The destroyed and disabled tanks (the gun still works and the turret can traverse)will stay burning/stationary for some time, creating a neat pile-up on the Market Garden bridge, except it does create lag at times, but its very cool and realistic. The mod itself elminated mines altogether in favor of det-packs.

P.S. I never heard of the term "Pioneers" until now. Very cool.

Wiking9

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

4th August 2003

0 Uploads

359 Posts

0 Threads

#34 16 years ago

Yes, the proper term for engineers actually was pioneers, which is a much cooler name, IMO. Tellar mines, PBM's,etc made up their inventory, as well as tasked with setting up pontton bridges across small rivers and streams.

Also, as Master Minder stated earlier, tanks become disabled (but their turrets can traverse still) when their health is at 5hp. I think if a tank strikes a mine in FH, it should come to that state, instead of unrealistically blowing up.

Neko Reaperman

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,126 Posts

0 Threads

#35 16 years ago
D-fenceOh yeah, and I think tanks should be able to blow up buildings and even drive through them! :rolleyes:

what kind of idiot tank commander would drive through a building?

great idea.... crash through the floor into the basement and never see your tank again :rolleyes: