purrybonker

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

21st December 2003

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I thought that I had downloaded all the FH maps - but I keep getting kicked from servers for "Map Not Found" - "nancy" as an example. I don't see any other maps listed (other than the 5b maps) What gives? Where do I get these maps? Thanks Bonker

Nickram-UK

The Blue army marches on

50 XP

22nd October 2003

0 Uploads

53 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

You need to download the fanpack maps

Mike 51

Bush/Cheney 2004 apparently

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

526 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

:Shudder:

I can't believe WOLFservers forums continually votes to keep them in; only one or two are any good, and even then they don't compare to official FH maps. And considering WOLF is about the only populated FH server, that means either put up or shut up...

purrybonker

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

21st December 2003

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Thanks Nickram - can you direct me to a site where these are available?

Eglaerinion

Vault Dweller

50 XP

22nd September 2003

0 Uploads

2,822 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago
purrybonkerThanks Nickram - can you direct me to a site where these are available?

http://www.bf42.com/index.php?site=file&id=114 You will need to be a registered memeber of f42 though (it's free don't worry).

Lt. Havoc

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

131 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

I CAN understand why they keep some of the fan maps in... some are better than so called official ones (Nancy is way better than Hailar and Operation Crusader is better than Crete). I thought there would be a judging process for the fan maps but it looks like if you submitted a map you basically got in.

Fer

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

9th August 2003

0 Uploads

57 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

Nancy is nice but there r bugs to fix (some AA in the air for ex). Crete is nice. Cannot remember operation crusader right now.

Winther

FH Betatester

50 XP

16th November 2003

0 Uploads

678 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

I've never played Nancy :S Operation Bagration is boring <_< And Norway sucks arse

MeanMrMustard

Such a mean old man

50 XP

15th September 2003

0 Uploads

178 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Fanpack maps are a bit hit and miss imo. -Bagration isnt too bad to play, but looks awful. -Wernheim can be good, but is poorly designed with the station flag allowing the germans to easily pin down the Russians. -Crusader is gd fun, although I like desert maps anyway so may be a bit biased, but it gives a gd chance to use the daimlers and SAS jeeps to their potential. -Kaukasus only seems to use a tiny part of the map, and the Russian uncapturable spawn is in fact capturable (not sure bout the German one) which can make for some pretty crap battles. -Korsun Pocket is another good map, although maybe more than one way to cross the river could have helped, tends to form something of a choke point at the moment. -Nancy is good, only problem perhaps being that it is huuuge, so many different bits and pieces. Still this works in its favour in a way, the many isolated villages are great fun to attack and defend on their own. With enough players it can be gd. -Norway is dull as hell. Ship combat is a bit ropey at the best of times, and coupled with some pretty rubbish land fighting (unlike say Midway which at least offers some limited tactical play) theres not much going for it. -Chariot seems gd enough, have only played it once so not really got a feel for it, but any map with lots of jeeps is good in my book :D -Never played Giza so cant comment, tend to avoid servers running it as the concept seems a bit at odds with FH. Harry -

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

-Bagration: looks like ass, but it does have some nice big battles to it. -Wernheirm: too many random objects everywhere. It has some good street fights, but usually ends up being another auto rifle deathmatch. -Crusader: A gooder. could have used a few more tanks tho. -Kaukasas: cant remember wich one this is... -Korsun: My fave of the bunch. Its like valirisk, but the russans have a chance. The closest and most intense games ive ever had have been on this map. There is a water bridge too, but hardy anyone knows of it. -Nancy: Ive played it but i dont remember it very well :p -Norway: Brits die. Alot. Would be a decent map if they took out the german ships. -Chariot: some nice street fights. Its an ok map, but a big rough around the edges. -Giza: only played it twice. It's extreamly fun, if not realistic. Gives a chance to play with some toys that you wouldnt see elsewhere.