I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

7th October 2003

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

P47d

Is there something wrong with the P47D? Unlike the fighter version, this one takes ages to take off and pull up? I don't think it's in any map yet, but I'd like to put it in my new Normandy/Bocage map. However, at the moment I have to make the runway like... 2 miles long for the thing to take off! he he

Will this be fixed in the next release?

Maybe if someone knows a script of something I can edit in a .con file as an alternative?

Oh and speaking of fixes... are the tracks on the Cromwell finally going to get sorted?

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

It's on adak island, and talking about planes that aren't in any map yet but which do have problems, the ma202 has the same bug the bf110 had in 0.5b, it continiously pulls up!

ArminAce

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

21st December 2002

0 Uploads

678 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

i think he is talking about thep47 razorback and not the p47 republic

but anyways

the plane code of all planes will be overworked until next version

Witch Hunter General

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

19th May 2003

0 Uploads

350 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

ArminAcei think he is talking about thep47 razorback and not the p47 republic [/QUOTE]

wait a moment there! "Razorback" is just a name given to P-47s with a framed aft-sliding cockpit canopy . The P-47D existed both as "razorback" and with cutdown rear fuselage and bubble canopy. Republic is the company, formerly known as Seversky.

[QUOTE=ArminAce] the plane code of all planes will be overworked until next version

Aren't it getting tiresome explaining that a dozen times a week? I wish people would read before they post, how many haven't just signed up here to come with a question or stuff that have been answered a zillion times before?

Mange

FH Dev

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

183 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

And you might as well keep them long because all planes will take alot more space to take off and land on. They won't take of after only a few feet like in standard BF or like current FH.

the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Same with the Ju-87.

the Stuka was maybe slow, but not that "clumsy" and difficult to maneuver.

ArminAce

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

21st December 2002

0 Uploads

678 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

it was "clumsy"

not like the japanese dive bombers wich where very maneuverable after dropping their payload

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

I must ask are we going to see land based fighters for the Japanese?

the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago
ArminAceit was "clumsy"

Then you should also redo kursk, so you can land this thing. And I can´t believe that the B17 or B25 were more agile.

Karbin

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

F.Y.I. gang There was a pilot joke about ALL aircraft from Republic. "If you built a runway around the world, Republic would make a plane that would need every inch for take off and landing".

The P47 "Jug" could drop from the sky, in a dive, like a rock. It's advantage was that it could take HUGE amounts of damage and stay in the air. Reports from the War told of them having half of the engine cylinder heads blown away, no oil in engine, and the aircraft still making it back to base. Holes you could put your head through in the wings and fuselage and still it made it back. Not bad for a air superiority fighter early in the war. Then later as a ground support fighter/bomber.