okiN

Duke

50 XP

26th August 2003

0 Uploads

495 Posts

0 Threads

#41 17 years ago

Agreed. Put some more feeling into it and you're spot on. Nice, clear pronounciation and deep voice work very well. Obviously a native speaker of Finnish, so there's no foreign accent. You don't speak any particularly thick dialect either, which is good. I think we have ourselves a very good candidate here to do the Finns' voices. Now we only need someone to do the Finns themselves. :p

Piispa

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

20th August 2003

0 Uploads

292 Posts

0 Threads

#42 17 years ago

Actually some rougher dialect would be nice, when the WW2-era Finland was very rich and disperced in dialects and west and east might even had some difficulties in understanding each other.

Otherwise good, but as others already stated, some more balls would be nice: you're in a war zone! :)

But I do think that "kuitti" is a bit too modern term and when the soldiers in WW2 were mainly draftees (and the draftee-status of a Finnish trooper isn't the most soldier-like ;) ) I'd bet the more common term would be just rough "selvä!"

okiN

Duke

50 XP

26th August 2003

0 Uploads

495 Posts

0 Threads

#43 17 years ago

Yeah, but if we get someone from Savo with a dialect as thick as three short planks, no-one'll be able to understand a thing that they're saying. I think we should just do like with the British and American commands etc, i.e. stick with the basics. It's not like we hear the Brits speak like Scotsmen or the Yanks talk like they're from Louisiana, either.

ArminAce

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

21st December 2002

0 Uploads

678 Posts

0 Threads

#44 17 years ago

someone else wants to make finish sounds then saggitarius ?

Mandingo 18''

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

5th February 2004

0 Uploads

314 Posts

0 Threads

#45 17 years ago

I would love to make them, but how? I don´t have a mic or any recording equipment in my computer.

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#46 17 years ago
okiN...Yanks talk like they're from Louisiana, either.

wish someone would have told the DC team this :(

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#47 17 years ago
judge reinholdwish someone would have told the DC team this :(

I feel like cutting someone when i hear DC voices....