Save the wales !

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

508 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Howdy folks...

The folks at www.bf42.de set up theír server for an improved FH-Experience tonight.

They´ll turn nametags off completely, full FF, Autoteams, no Nosecams and stuff like that.

Sounds like a very good time.

Its gonna start between 1900 and 2000 CET , so maybe in an hour.

Cant tell the IP adress right now cause the server is offline, but i´ll post it asap.

By the way, i think the server has at least 48 slots.

Save the wales !

JW

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Ok, I might join in there. What maps will you be playing, and is CMT what they have in Germany ? Oh, and you might want to mention the planed 60 seconds respawn time...

Josey Wales

Save the wales !

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

508 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Damn it, i just hope they wont really turn off the nosecam. By turning it off, there´d be no tank sights either ! Boy, that would suck.

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

heh, hindsight?

Dee-Jaý

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Nosecam will be off aswell. Lets hope that dosn´t cause any problems... Ok, when will things be up and running ?

Dee-Jaý

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago
schmoppa

Excited

50 XP

5th March 2004

0 Uploads

231 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

no nametags is cool, so you can actually attempt to hide without being given away by your name. But it's pretty easy to pick up an enemy weapons pack and then look like the enemy and thereby be able to infiltrate them, right?

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

too bad its full :(

MkH^

FH tester

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,286 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Well, I was just playing a few minutes on the server..

First off, since there is no nosecam, there aren't no tanksights either. Does not make tankers job very easy, especially if the tank does not have a coax machinegun.

Second, the hit indicator is turned off, which is very annoying. This has nothing to do with realism, only the craptastic net code of BF.

So, I did not play in there for long..

Otherwise it seems like a nice server. 47 (47? wft? divide that by two) players max and no tags. But, no fun without tank optics.

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

On a public server(WOLF specifically, one of the best servers out there IMO[Judge was playing too, so he can vouch]) we were playing Berlin Outskirts, we were on the Russian side, we assembled oour tank, sent infantry to keep them from rushing our hill and spot targets. We did very well for Berlin outskirts and if it wasn't for that map being unbalanced we would have won. Anyway, basically, FH players are more mature and play as a team far more than DC, EoD or Vanilla. BTW, turn nosecam on on your own server, FH needs it for tanks, and planes don't need to be handicapped anymore.