Not Funny

50 XP

11th June 2003

0 Uploads

407 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago
We're busy. There I said it.

That's not good enough. Sure your busy, but there are what...50 of you on the FH team? Not one of you can take the 5 minutes to write a sentence or two telling everyone what's happening and why there is no update? I find that hard to believe.

I don't see any of us as complaining. I already explained this before, so maybe some of you can move that finger of yours to page two where I already talked about this. So stop calling people 'complainers'. You just make yourself look like an ill informed idiot. (Alliteration!!!)

Even if we are what you call 'complaining', after counting up all of the broken promises by many of you, is it unjustified...?? If you want to keep the loyalty of the fans, leaving them completely uninformed of anything that's going on is not the best way to do it...

p.s. yes we know there's a movie coming this friday, but you announced that a couple weeks ago. It doesn't take that long to make a movie, and if it does, then perhaps you should wait on announcing things until your about ready to deliver them. (.6 will be out in a few weeks! Just wait! Four months later.... :micro: :micro: :micro: )

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

you have to film, edit, compress, distrubute. yes it takes some time.

Leo-The-L337-Llama

Not Funny

50 XP

11th June 2003

0 Uploads

407 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago
you have to film, edit, compress, distrubute. yes it takes some time.

but not two weeks.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Ok, Id just like to say a few things.

Firstly, forgotten hope is the first and only mod for any game that has grabbed me so much that I wanted to take part in it. It's the only mod I have directly donated art/models too. I think that deserves a bit of merit towards the dev team for making such a lazy ass person such as myself want to do something for them.

Second, as haveing playing the beta, i can back up jackles claim that they do listen to you. Theres hundreds (i mean fukkin hundreds) of changes and additions that have been made as a direct result of the people's ideas and suggestions in the forum.

Thridly, please, for the love of god, think before you post. By reading some of your posts I can see that a few of you people are just fukking parasites! (parasites that scream when thier host isnt giveing enough of thier blood and flesh to feed them) Just because the devs dont post anything, does not mean that they arnt reading them. They are very busy people.

Fourthly, I do think however, that the FH team needs to have SOME kind of PR person that spends enough time on these public forums to keep all this bitching and false rumors in check. Its beginning to manifest itself into bad rap for the mod, wich is not in anyway bennificial. There really isnt anyone who direcly relates to the populus here on a regular basis, and I think there really needs to be someone who does that. Basicly the stuff that Coolguy did, but i havnt seen him online for a few months.

Leo-The-L337-Llama

Not Funny

50 XP

11th June 2003

0 Uploads

407 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Second, as haveing playing the beta, i can back up jackles claim that they do listen to you. Theres hundreds (i mean fukkin hundreds) of changes and additions that have been made as a direct result of the people's ideas and suggestions in the forum.

Thridly, please, for the love of god, think before you post. By reading some of your posts I can see that a few of you people are just fukking parasites! (parasites that scream when thier host isnt giveing enough of thier blood and flesh to feed them) Just because the devs dont post anything, does not mean that they arnt reading them. They are very busy people.

Its nice to finally hear that from someone, its nice to see that you took the time to tell us this. Funny how a non team member told us what we need to know, but maybe McGibs should be the official forum poster person thinger, though I can't imagine that he'd want to with all of us 'parasites' around.

Well anyhoo I'll take your word for it and go to sleep. So good night.

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago
ArminAce So you cant compare it with professional games. But you are right about the fact that at least 2weeks after the release of 0.6 they will again start with complaining and asking about 0.7 (if we havent quit because we are frustrated)

No I garuntee you it will not happen. The majority of bitching over .5 is because the game is ( to many people ) unplayable because of it's balance issues and poor map design. Also, it's been festering for 3 months now, with an unexplainable lack of a balance or bugfix patch that 99% of the time accompanies a mod's first release. They have been waiting a LONG time for the basic things to get fixed, and that's why you're getting flak from the community. That and the fact that you guys can't even seem to update a web page.

As soon as .6 comes out it will be all good. The bitching will stop because everyone will be playing .6 which will fix the problems that people see. You'll get intermittent feedback on things that may have escaped your beta testers, and you'll get posts on "I want a Challenger tank" or "I want a Sturmtiger" like always. It will return to a pre-.5 board.

If you want the bitching to stop now, update the page. It's SO easy to do. Just take 2 minutes and do it. Quazi must have left the country or forgot that he was supposed to do it, so cover the slack for the sake of your sanity.

No one is pressuring you because they want .6 as soon as possible, the pressure is because you guys are dissapointing us with the lack of updates and other simple things that are easy to do, almost like you're spiting us.

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago
McGibsOk, Id just like to say a few things. Firstly, forgotten hope is the first and only mod for any game that has grabbed me so much that I wanted to take part in it. It's the only mod I have directly donated art/models too. I think that deserves a bit of merit towards the dev team for making such a lazy ass person such as myself want to do something for them. Second, as haveing playing the beta, i can back up jackles claim that they do listen to you. Theres hundreds (i mean fukkin hundreds) of changes and additions that have been made as a direct result of the people's ideas and suggestions in the forum. Thridly, please, for the love of god, think before you post. By reading some of your posts I can see that a few of you people are just fukking parasites! (parasites that scream when thier host isnt giveing enough of thier blood and flesh to feed them) Just because the devs dont post anything, does not mean that they arnt reading them. They are very busy people. Fourthly, I do think however, that the FH team needs to have SOME kind of PR person that spends enough time on these public forums to keep all this bitching and false rumors in check. Its beginning to manifest itself into bad rap for the mod, wich is not in anyway bennificial. There really isnt anyone who direcly relates to the populus here on a regular basis, and I think there really needs to be someone who does that. Basicly the stuff that Coolguy did, but i havnt seen him online for a few months.

i volunteer you

CaPtAnInSaYnO

wankasaurus wrex

50 XP

16th October 2003

0 Uploads

292 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

:agreed ur the best mcgobs and u kno u want to be the PR guy

Leo-The-L337-Llama

Not Funny