sturmklinge

Rippin' Kitten

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

451 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

ok, after my problems with file 2of2 i tried some maps in lan-mode and i have to say: omfg... wow, wow, wow. :bows:

i criticised you a lot in the past, but the result is better then in my dreams (ok, i never dreamed about fh but i had to write that ;)).

the best stuff is the stuff you can't see or show at screenshots. some testers (mcgibs?) mentioned this, but i couldn't believe it.

first: the sounds of the handguns... omg this is amazing. the mp40, the mossin, the k98(!),the bar(!)... :rock:

second: the sound of the planes... :rock:

third: the sounds of vehicle-mounted guns.. especially the sound of the mg of the puma. one reason more to love this little beast.

fourth: the startingsounds. they only sounds really good at the planes, but at this point they are great. sounds a bit strange in tanks because it sounds like you start to move even if you don't start to move.

fifth: the gameplay: i tried to do the usual procedure to kill a tank. i putted four(!) exp.packs at a panther and blew them up. the panther doesn't start to smoke. same for faust. yay! seems you really have to hit the right points which is pretty hard if you don't know where to hit. aiming with the new camera-perspective works VERY well. a bit annoying is the fact that you have to skip 2 other perspectives if you want back to the driving-camera. is there a workaround for that?

sixth: all the small details. just an example: the rotating piat-grenade...

seventh: the maps. i just tested a few but they were great (as the staff-created maps always were): foggy foy, ice-cold foggy pavlov and arnhem. didn't tested many more yet.

negativ: the requirements in hardware. it seems i couldn't play alpenfestung online as long as i get additional 512mb ram. with the 512megs i have atm it takes ages to load this map (ok.. played as a server in lanmode (no bots), maybe it's a bit faster as a pure client).

finally: amazing and stunning 0.61. great job devs!

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago
a bit annoying is the fact that you have to skip 2 other perspectives if you want back to the driving-camera. is there a workaround for that?

go into controls/general, and set the f9 (first person view) alternate to a key. I use x. this is your new tank switch view. hitting it toggles between driver view, and gunner scope.

Jedi_2

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

26th September 2003

0 Uploads

46 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Does It Run better than .5 or worse?

Dancing Jesus

Eats IS-2s for breakfast

50 XP

23rd November 2003

0 Uploads

85 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

The only thing I hate about .6 is that is so resource demanding!! I understand thats totally out of the team's control. Great Job! The only thing i was wondering was that when I try to play any of the SP maps, they always go part way in loading and I then crash out of BF. Anyone else had this problem, or is FH .6 not bot supported?

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

tank view should be the default view, and the "nose" cam view should be the bf1942 view

sturmklinge

Rippin' Kitten

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

451 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago
Jedi_2Does It Run better than .5 or worse?

worser. at least if you have "only" 512megs of ram you have to wait 1-2 minutes for loading a map. annoying on publics. game is over when you finaly join :D 1024 are a must-have.

my first impressions after some matches on publics: omfg! this game becomes very depressing, the atmosphere is incredible. but at least for me it seems that the game is harder then before. mp's seems to be deadlier now, lmg's are really a supportweapon now. your mates should give you supressing fire when you run to a good position, lay down and aim. then your lmg is very deadly and you can support your mates.

overall it's the most "realistic" (or call it tactical) ww2-game i ever played. you are forced to play as a team again. yay.

mcgibs: thanks for this hint, i will try it!

Jedi_2

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

26th September 2003

0 Uploads

46 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

I'm in trouble I only have 256 MB of Ram but everything is on low so...

nosispower

GF makes me horny

50 XP

13th February 2004

0 Uploads

96 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Since I'm waiting for my download, I'll ask.. Load times aren't really a problem for me, I don't mind them too much. But how is the lagginess of the gameplay compared to 0.5? I have 256 MB of ram and FH wasn't too bad, but some maps were real killers, like Orel. So aside from loading times, how is the actual running around/shooting/more running around changed? More lag? Less lag?

Jedi_2

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

26th September 2003

0 Uploads

46 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago
nosispowerSince I'm waiting for my download, I'll ask.. Load times aren't really a problem for me, I don't mind them too much. But how is the lagginess of the gameplay compared to 0.5? I have 256 MB of ram and FH wasn't too bad, but some maps were real killers, like Orel. So aside from loading times, how is the actual running around/shooting/more running around changed? More lag? Less lag?

On My computer I played Omaha alone load times were about 2 minutes, and it ran great I have 1 GHZ P3 256 MB PC 100 SDRAM GeForce 4 MX-440SE Win ME

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Yeh, i need to buy summore ram. I have enough time to go make and eat a pb and j sammish before a map loads, and I usually have little lagging spurts (ill probly fix that by turning my graphics down)

A note for rifles: practice practice. I was on a few servers, and many people were whineing about the new rifle code, and saying that they were underpowered. this isnt .5 people. theres no more railguns. spend a few weeks getting to know the bolt action rifle, and itl serve you very well, at all ranges. Same goes for aircraft.