Major Canuk

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

I think this mod has great possiblities, the maps are very nice looking and the sounds are good. The down side is that the maps might be a bit to big. The major draw back is the realism part. If you make it more balanced and not one shot one kill, you might get more ppl playing it. All the mods that are realism die off soon. If you stay with the realism, well your mod is for less than 1 percent of the BF players. Make it fun for all types, not just the players who pitch a tent and snipe all the time.

Artie

CCCP

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

545 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

You're wrong.

sturmklinge

Rippin' Kitten

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

451 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago
Major CanukI think this mod has great possiblities, the maps are very nice looking and the sounds are good. The down side is that the maps might be a bit to big. The major draw back is the realism part. If you make it more balanced and not one shot one kill, you might get more ppl playing it. All the mods that are realism die off soon. If you stay with the realism, well your mod is for less than 1 percent of the BF players. Make it fun for all types, not just the players who pitch a tent and snipe all the time.

wtf? i'm not sniping around all the time "but" have pretty much fun with this mod. ;) i like fh much more then vanilla-bf because to THINK about what you are doing.

vanilla-bf: "uh a tank" *throws3grenades*

did you ever sit in a stug3 in fh? play bocage at axis, sit down and enjoy (at least if you have no agoraphobia)

CMSGT Johnson

I need an Enola Gay,can I?...

50 XP

4th October 2003

0 Uploads

244 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago
Major CanukI think this mod has great possiblities, the maps are very nice looking and the sounds are good. The down side is that the maps might be a bit to big. The major draw back is the realism part. If you make it more balanced and not one shot one kill, you might get more ppl playing it. All the mods that are realism die off soon. If you stay with the realism, well your mod is for less than 1 percent of the BF players. Make it fun for all types, not just the players who pitch a tent and snipe all the time.

Ok.... im just going to warn you now, and I understand this is your opinion, and we do have a rule about not flaming new guys to this forum. But what you dont realize, is that you just stepped on a HUGE landmine, prepare for a good cooking my friend, god help you... The other thing is, this mod IS a realism mod, so it would defeat any meaning of having the I got one you got one type gaming. We refer to that as 'arcade' style, the truth of it is, we are trying to get as close to immitating RL stats, figures, historical mapping, etc..... in FH. Also (agian this is not a flame at all) we have a search feature on this forum, I would encourage you to use it and find the threads on realism and the like.... All in all, I disagree with you respectfully. And I would think that you might even have a change of heart after you see the goals of the devs. :thumbsup: :)

P.S. DAMN! 2 ppl already posted lol.

sturmklinge

Rippin' Kitten

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

451 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

btw: i didn't like fh at first too. but this was because of the huge bugs in 0.5b ;)

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

Lol, I'm betting this is KANADA with a new account

Kol.Ash

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

Hes right but he will get flamed by all the players on this form.Or the 100 players playing this mod.Mod needs balance real bad.Realism lol its a game for gods sake you have to make it fun or by by mod.

Eglaerinion

Vault Dweller

50 XP

22nd September 2003

0 Uploads

2,822 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

There are a lot of players that actually like the "realism" better then the arcade gameplay from vanilla bf and DC. Try to master FH rifles and you will be more deadly with the spray and pray weapons in BF and other mods. I am very accurate with the garand from the 1.5 patch because of the pratice I had with the FH rifles.

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

its starting to look like rob is the only intelligent canadian out there

Azik«¤»Blaze

GO FLAMES GO!!

50 XP

1st November 2003

0 Uploads

95 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

Know why you guys don't like it? Cuz 1-shot-kill makes there be a need for the BRAIN in BF. Suddenly it's becomes all about positioning and accuracy and squad tactics such as cover-fire etc. FH makes BF more strategic instead of the mindless CS-type gaming of Vanilla/DC. This mod is the greatest thing to hit BF and it won't be "dying off" anytime soon.