AntonioBora

GF makes me horny

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I know a lot has been made about the new design of Wake, and it looks really awesome, plays well too. However, I was blown away by Iwo Jima...it looked like a bombed out wasteland, which is good. The entrenched tanks, the hmg nests, and the 75mm aa on the beach are all amazing additions. The new textures to IoTP and Coral Sea are also very good. I just had to give special mention to all the great additions added to one of my favorite maps.

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Yep, its a beauty and the best part is the... Ohka!

ManiK

Dance the dance of life!

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

2,134 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Still, not to bash the map (it really does look amazing guys) but it should be much much flatter besides Mt. Surybachi (so?)

Roger Waters

Crash hates me. :( >:(

50 XP

25th July 2003

0 Uploads

194 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Iwo Jima is my favurite map now its perfect.

FactionRecon

11PzG Grunt

50 XP

4th August 2003

0 Uploads

3,889 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

yeah Manik, i was just thinking about that today. There were no steep cliffs with bunkers....just flat beach that led inland, except for Mt. Suribachi, which was just a big bump on the otherwise flat island. Although, were there cliffs/hills around the airfield? Havent seen pics of that, so I dont know. But the cliff bunkers should be taken out, maybe just put some smaller bunkers like the ones you made, except bigger surrounded by sandbags/dirt/trees etc...maybe?

Edit: besides that, which isnt that big a deal, I LOVE IT

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

I also agree that Iwo is awesome. I was amused the first time I saw the underground bunkers after seeing all the questions in the map forums about making undeground sections and caves. They said it cant be done LOL

And the HMG bunkers rock too. I dintr notice them at first and then went back and was looking at the new foilage and realized what it was. Vey cool.

And the revetments the Shidens sit in is very cool also. Finally some realistic aircraft parking areas.

And one of my favorite new toys I first saw on Iwo and that is the knee mortar. I love playing with that.

Unseen_Soldier

I post to get attention

50 XP

15th February 2004

0 Uploads

93 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

yeah Iwo Jima is one of my favourites now. I also heard from one of the devs that in the next version they're going to make it that Iwo Jima has Black sand (since mount surabachi was a volcano)

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Wake is fun as well as long as the Axis don't spawn on the beached destoryer and get cut down easily by the AA gun. Ask McGibs about my exploits with that AA gun.

AntonioBora

GF makes me horny

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Well I like wake because I can play the Imperial Marines, i think in IoTP you can too, but I thought it was the 14th army that landed there? It is basically a green version of the wake uniforms. I do not understand why people continue to spawn at the beached destroyer in wake. It should only be used to open up another front of attack...not the primary attack. As for Iwo Jima...my favorite part is blowing up amtracks that come ashore in an entrenched Ha-Go. I don't know what size cannon the amtrack has but, It hit me with little damage so I'm guessing the entrenched tanks are tougher than their moblie counterparts. (obviously that dirt and camo debris absorbs a lot!) I have yet to play Iwo Jima with a lot of people, because the smaller servers seem to be playing it when I get on. Hehe..as for those HMG nests...I kept trying to crawl into them until I noticed an "woodpecker" 92 in one of them.

Hedgemus

I Like Pie!

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

284 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago
Anlushac11I also agree that Iwo is awesome. I was amused the first time I saw the underground bunkers after seeing all the questions in the map forums about making undeground sections and caves. They said it cant be done LOL

Am I missing something here? I have looked all over the map and haven't noticed any underground bunkers.