McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#21 15 years ago

The big Todt bunker is underground (the basement)

too bad the elevator is out of order, and you get stuck down there. They really shoulda just put a simple ladder in.

Grahf

Please fix knee mortars

50 XP

7th March 2004

0 Uploads

192 Posts

0 Threads

#22 15 years ago

Actually, I'm really dissapointed with Iwo Jima. In reality, Surabachi was one giant bunker, and most of the Japanese troops were shooting out from holes and caves and slots on the face of the mountain itself! First off, the whole map needs to be much bigger. Second off, why can't they just turn Surabachi into a bunker with a few cavern entrances and floors?

Seriously. How hard would it be? Just take the bunkers on Omaha and change the exterior and interior textures, and also add more floors. That's the way it SHOULD be. The Japanese should also get stationary rocket launchers on Surabachi. I still have not seen anything that even remotely does justice to the amazing and complex bunker systems the Japanese had on Iwo Jima. And how about a Tarawa map??? Or Okinawa (the largest battle of the Pacific)??? I hope the textures and maps we see in BF: Vietnam can maybe be used by people eager to make maps for FH. I hear the NVA will get nice subterranean bunkers and tunnels.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#23 15 years ago
Seriously. How hard would it be?

wow... you know very little about making bf maps dont you?

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#24 15 years ago

I agree that Suribachi could use a couple more emplacements. A couple of huge cannons, some MGs, and a few bunkers where people could shoot from. Not a complete reworking of the thing, but make it a bit less vulnerable.

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#25 15 years ago

Actually, I DO know very little about BF mapmaking. I'm curious. What would be the problems there? Is it impossible to do that?

Dime_a_Dozen

FH Dev Team Member

50 XP

1st January 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#26 15 years ago

Heh no, not impossible. But impossible with the time I was given to make the map you all seem to want (the real Iwo Jima). I thought about all these possibilities but I felt starting out "easy" with a refit of the original would be a bit of a testing ground for the entrenched weapons. I didn't want (nor had the time) to introduce these weapons/objects which are different from vanilla on a map no one was familiar with. But obviously I couldnt stack the map with a ton of emplacements as it is now, I actually took out more than what you are playing with now.

And yeah, don't worry. Tarawa is about 50% done and Okinawa? I've got 3 maps in early development phases ;) ;)

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#27 15 years ago

lets stop using the dice defgun model and use more of the wake anti ship guns!

PFC. Bryan

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

1st August 2003

0 Uploads

299 Posts

0 Threads

#28 15 years ago
striderx2048lets stop using the dice defgun model and use more of the wake anti ship guns!

I agree.

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#29 15 years ago

What is a defgun anyway?