Wiking9

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

4th August 2003

0 Uploads

359 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Well boys and girls, FH infantry combat has won me over. i may even be in love. Over the last week, I've only played FH 3 times due to work, girlfriend, etc. I just came to share these expiriences and enjoyments with you.

Kharkov, 1941-

The German 4th Panzer Army is refitting at our main base, and is steadily moving out. Being a German Pioneer/Engineer, i fit up with my rifle, pressure-based mines, and some TNT. Their were reports upon the screen from a patrol Kubelwagon that Soviet T-34's (2) were probing our rightmost flank to the north. Dammit!

i take the outermost route to the northern bridge, but pause for a quick moment. Elements of our company have secured a bridgehead, and panzerIV's are rushing the ridge, while Panzerfuast100's are waiting for an inevitable Soviet crossing of the Western bridge. BOOOOOOM! A P100 sears through the front hull of the first T-34/76 to cross, but 'tandestoni' (russian tank riders) from the second quickly dispatch of him. Bastards! I must close that northern flank!

I keep moving and spot two T-34's atop the northern bridge, they are facing either way; to prevent anyone from sneaking up on them. I held my place around 100 meters in front of them, behind the tree line. A comrade of theirs requests support from the depths of the city, so one of the T-34's departs. The second T-34 foolishly points his turret towards the city, curious of what the commotion was all about. I saw this window and advanced on it. I found myself crouched behind it, and it had turned to face our base, making sure no one was coming. I heard a sickening droning from overhead, and saw a He-111 bomber heading my way.

Regardless of a TK or not, this Luftwaffe boy was going to drop his payload a score a nice little kill. Didn't happen. He approached the bridge at an impossible height and angle, so he dropped his paylod into the river. I chuckeled for a moment, not forgetting how close I was to death. I promptly tossed 2 rolls of TNT on top of the engine vents, and moved swiftly to the base of the bridge for cover. BOOOOM! The tank had been cleared, albeit his smoldering carcass atop the cobblestone bridge. The threat ceased to exist. The base quickly fell neutrel, so I knew that would attract some Soviet attention.

I placed my pressure-mine all along the bases of the bridge, and quickly warned German motorized/armor of the trap. I received permission, so I layed TNT at the base of my side, but hid them off to the sides so they couldn't be spotted at once. I knew that Soviet engineers would lift the mines for armor(if they were smart), but I knew they wouldn't think twice about the TNT as they crossed.

As soon as they arrived, by premonitions were correct. The mines were removed, and armor reserves were called up. The Soviets figured German pioneers were near, so Ppsh41 welding infantry crawled across the bridge, with others in the rear. About 5 in all. They had completely cleared the bridge of the pressure mines, taken back their flag, so they figured they would launch a quick guerilla raid on our bridgeheads flanks. Not so fast.

While all this was occuring, I was nestled in my old spot in the tree line, feathering the detonators fine handle, waiting for the soviets to make their move. They did. As soon as they entered our side of the river bank, I blew 6 TNT rolls that were scattered near the sides, resembling SPR"s final (fictional) battle in many ways. All five Russians were killed instantly, so i moved closer into postion, and called for more armor to move upon. 2 minutes later, PanzerIVH's had crossed the newly taken bridge. Around 10 minutes later, the Russian bridgehead was breached, then finally broken. Russinas were realing back for most of the day, trying to fend off the He111's vicious bombing runs, and the Wespe SPG's accurate strikes.

Now that was MY day as a wermacht regular. Now THAT is how a mod SHOULD be. Great work boys.

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago
Wiking92 minutes later, PanzerIVH's had crossed the newly taken bridge.

Nice story liked how you made it sound more tactical, but there aren't Panzer IVHs on Kharkov in 1941. Anyways make more!(welcome back too)

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Nice story but... *points at sticky FH storys thread*

Wiking9

50 XP

4th August 2003

0 Uploads

359 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Lol, I knew i put the wrong PanzerIV version in there, but I guess I was a little to lazy to look up the proper one....

Coolguy, I knew you would be on my ass about this eventually! :D

Kämpfer

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Wiking9Lol, I knew i put the wrong PanzerIV version in there, but I guess I was a little to lazy to look up the proper one....

Coolguy, I knew you would be on my ass about this eventually! :D

Wiking what is your online name, I saw someone who was named Wiking but had a all sorts of symbols around it, something like .//Wiking\\. or something.

Wiking9

50 XP

4th August 2003

0 Uploads

359 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

My online name is Wiking1. I've seen the other Wiking at Valirisk, he was the captain of the Tiger there. He didn't seem to bad, but its hard to judge someones skill or tactical prowess when they're in a beast like that.

I was maintaining his right flank with an MG42....No one would ever look for me over in the smoldering tanks to the right. We both had hay-days, we bs'd for awhile. I'll probably be getting on here in a few..

Kämpfer

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

Ok, I'll keep an eye out for ya.