schmoppa

Excited

50 XP

5th March 2004

0 Uploads

231 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I have not yet played FH, but the game looks super super cool , and I am very excited. :bounce: Don't be too alarmed by my n00b status: while I'm not usually the top scorer in vanilla BF1942, I'm generally in the top 1/3rd of scorers, and I abhor tk'ers and usualy don't plane camp . Basically, all the new vehicles (the liberator looks so nice and shiny, though I bet it's kind of a pig to fly), weapon models, and rebalanced gameplay is very exciting to hear about. I will have to get used to the realism though, but I'll definitely do my best to read up and familiarize myself with FH's differences from BF1942 before I start blaming someone else for running me over with a king tiger. I am also looking forward to experiencing more team play, that will be huge. BF1942 is definitely fun, but more comprised of individual play - you're lucky if you can get people to man the AA and repair the carrier on the coral sea map. From what I've read, the need for teamwork is built into the mod because of stronger, more defined roles. Also, it's amazing how many people seem to be online right now. Must be very popular. I'm working today through Sunday, but I will definitely see you all Monday! And to the devs who have put this together: :bows: Great job!

[1.SS.Pz]LSSAH

You suck at the Internet.

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

536 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago
schmoppaI have not yet played FH, but the game looks super super cool , and I am very excited. :bounce: Don't be too alarmed by my n00b status: while I'm not usually the top scorer in vanilla BF1942, I'm generally in the top 1/3rd of scorers, and I abhor tk'ers and usualy don't plane camp . Basically, all the new vehicles (the liberator looks so nice and shiny, though I bet it's kind of a pig to fly), weapon models, and rebalanced gameplay is very exciting to hear about. I will have to get used to the realism though, but I'll definitely do my best to read up and familiarize myself with FH's differences from BF1942 before I start blaming someone else for running me over with a king tiger. I am also looking forward to experiencing more team play, that will be huge. BF1942 is definitely fun, but more comprised of individual play - you're lucky if you can get people to man the AA and repair the carrier on the coral sea map. From what I've read, the need for teamwork is built into the mod because of stronger, more defined roles. Also, it's amazing how many people seem to be online right now. Must be very popular. I'm working today through Sunday, but I will definitely see you all Monday! And to the devs who have put this together: :bows: Great job!

Welcome dude! A lot of people are online right now because the mod has been pre-released via bit-torrent and eMule so if you want to d/l it, fire up one of those clients. The archive has a password that will be released on Saturday, the official release date. The file will also be released to normal mirrors (FP, FS, FF etc) on Saturday.

JAGUART

Thanks for the ftk

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

220 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Yea,

I just hope they don't release the password in the same section right next to the .5e hotfix. No one will play.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

haha you find out about FH on a good day! :)

The Jackalx2k

FHmod Developer

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,214 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Hi and welcome. Good to see you're converting over from plain and boring BF1942 to FH. :D

schmoppa

Excited

50 XP

5th March 2004

0 Uploads

231 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

thanks! Did I already say I was really, really excited? I was disapointed when I heard that HL2 wasn't coming out in March, but surely this will make up for it...

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

19th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago
schmoppathanks! Did I already say I was really, really excited? I was disapointed when I heard that HL2 wasn't coming out in March, but surely this will make up for it...

forget about HL2, its a damn conspiracy..FH is all you need :nodding:

nesty

just me.

50 XP

4th March 2004

0 Uploads

118 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

And it is free.:naughty: