GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

15th November 2003

0 Uploads

59 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Hi there,

Would someone give me a hand in server config? I would appreciate any suggestion about it's standard configs and the Maplist people are using.

Kind regards.

Icewarp

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

15th November 2003

0 Uploads

59 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Anyone? Just upping the thread.

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Well I'd definetely run all the new FH maps. I wouldn't run the Vanilla maps.. they're getting really old.. no I mean really, really, old. Some 0.5 maps would be nice too, they rocked. Just.. don't run the 0.5 fan mappack, except for Battle for Korsun maybe.

I'd autokick them if they TK three teammates within 5 mins and/or if their minus score reaches -8 or lower. I would turn FF off, but many want realism. And please turn of the damned map/player voting.. it's very annoying..

Icewarp

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

15th November 2003

0 Uploads

59 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Many thanks for the hints!

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Well, maybe another bump, since I'm in a good mood. Oh, and you can thank me by making me an Admin on your server. Ok, just kidding. Although I wouldn't mind helping ya out. Anyway, keep the maximum number of players at 32. Otherwise it'll lag like a b*tch. I mean, playing with 64 players can be fun, but on most maps it'll be a chaos. Humongous amount of lag, people walking in their own teammates crossfire, or how about the shortage of transport. People will waste eachother and basecamp for that one Panther spawn. Also, turn up the tag view distance. Prevents a lot of unnecassery teamkilling, since people can recognize their teammates faster. Another one, someone mentioned setting the map order in historical order. Would be really cool if someone did that. Most server admins don't seem to care and run the maps by alphabetical order (I mean they pay for the server for christs sake). Maybe I'll have some more suggestions for the "perfect" server settings later. :D

Icewarp

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

15th November 2003

0 Uploads

59 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Thanks for the clues ;-)

We will use this map list: http://www.gamingforums.com/showthread.php?t=115201 Looks cool. Maybe two or three will be out from the list, but I will post here. :]

tinymonkey

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

29th March 2004

0 Uploads

26 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

I could be wrong on this one, but I do believe that the Fan Mappack V1 will not run under .6 at all, so please don't try to include any of those maps.