Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

As of now they are just big ass submachine guns with the abilty to be used accuratly when prone I know they overheat but they are still to effective at CQB. I would put a picture of todays BFE match in which most of the Axis team was made up of MG34s

GuRu10

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

226 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Good! I like to have atleast some amount of realism with my games. I've seen german soldiers firing MGs standing up in movies and pics, so why not games?

Blehh

Rifleman

50 XP

16th January 2003

0 Uploads

2,894 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Were they holding the MG42 in the unsupported standing positions?

GuRu10

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

226 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago
SpideyWere they holding the MG42 in the unsupported standing positions?

Yes, although the feeder was still beside him standing up aswell feeding the bullets. I wonder why they didn't deploy.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

LOL I notice that the other day when playing. It seemed everyone was using the MG42 like assault rifles.

I myself use it alot since I usually play engie or fire support guy. I actually use it to lay down suppressing fire. Thats one reason why I get TK's when some noob runs in front of the firing MG42. Did ya not notice the muzzle flash? Did you not hear the chatter?

I would like to see the ROF of the MG42 increased. It was supposed to fire so fast that it was hard to distinguish individual shots, the idea being to fire off short bursts at a very high rate of fire.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

I think german MGs are perfect right now. You can fire them accuratly in 1-2 round bursts while standing or crouching. I think the problem lies within the availibility of them. The guns themselves are realistic, but to have the whole team as MG gunners isnt. Maybe more maps should have the mg as a pickup kit? I still think the idea of a large weapon depot with lots of kits inside would be a great idea for ballanceing class numbers.

Hey, at least they arnt as bad as they were before ey?

GuRu10

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

226 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

Yeah, I think the mg42 should get a higher ROF, it wasn't called hitler's buzz saw for nothing.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

im prety sure the rof is good (75 rounds goes down prety damn fast) but the sound, along with bfs shitty soundcode makes it sound slower. Alot like the ppsh, wich wounds way to slow.

Maybe have the mg42 fire sound have 2 shots instead of one (like DoDs). I think I heard somewhere that it was insanely hard to actually fire off a single round anyways by tapping the trigger. It usually popped off 2 or 3.

GuRu10

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

226 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago
McGibs Maybe have the mg42 fire sound have 2 shots instead of one (like DoDs). I think I heard somewhere that it was insanely hard to actually fire off a single round anyways by tapping the trigger. It usually popped off 2 or 3.

Yeah, I quite like that idea actually, I hope the DEVs look into it.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

McGibsim prety sure the rof is good (75 rounds goes down prety damn fast) but the sound, along with bfs shitty soundcode makes it sound slower. Alot like the ppsh, wich wounds way to slow.

Maybe have the mg42 fire sound have 2 shots instead of one (like DoDs). I think I heard somewhere that it was insanely hard to actually fire off a single round anyways by tapping the trigger. It usually popped off 2 or 3.

I will agree with that the 75rds do go quick in combat but the sound makes me cringe. I have seen video of a MG42 firing and it sounds nothing like the sound in game.