TommyAtkins

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I have some great quality stills from "A Bridge Too Far" of the bridge and different parts of the battle. Let me know if the map isnt finished or if you'd like to see them anyway.

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Show them (or why not all of us) what you got.. love to see some new objects (really hope they're skinned). :)

TommyAtkins

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

This is from the film and so not exactly accurate but I think Sir Richard Attenborough took care over the detail because of the amount of veterans that would have been around to watch it when it came out in 1977.

This is the last great war film (IMHO) before Hollywood decided that the Americans alone fought WW2.

Its interesting to note that the path each side of the main road of the bridge are wide enough to take a small vehicle. Also note the proximity of the roof of the house defended by Colonel Frost on the right.

Also note that back ground on the left, the flat grass bank leading to the windmill. (cant upload, keeps failing, will try again in 5 minutes)

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

I'd also like to see some pictures.

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

If I knew how to make screenshots from divX players I could make some too, since I have the movie in divX :p

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Haha, yeah that's a real *******' mystery huh lightning? If you keep the movie running, and paste a screen in paint, you can watch the movie in Paint, or Photoshop, anywhere you can paste images into. :D edited for language

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

TommyAtkinsThis is from the film and so not exactly accurate but I think Sir Richard Attenborough took care over the detail because of the amount of veterans that would have been around to watch it when it came out in 1977.

This is the last great war film (IMHO) before Hollywood decided that the Americans alone fought WW2.

I always was interested in war movies, but now mods and games feature more types of infantry weapons and vehicles, i watch them with diffrent eyes.

Tommy, the "tiger" that crosses the bridge is a mocked up Leopard I.....among other inconsistancies. But it gives a great impression what happend there.

I saw 2 other warmovies the last 4 days.....one was Cross of Iron ( or something like that ) wich was about the Eastern front through german eyes, that is a welcome change. That movie confirms the story i read somewhere on these forums the germans would toss away their MP40 for a SSHP where they could find one. It also is in conflict with what FH up to now is about......that movie is in the period the germans were withdrawing from russia and all but lost the war.......No luftwaffe, no tank devisions, no Panthers, Tigers and King Tigers, just defensive trenches, infantry and primitive bunkers under the earth wherever the germans had the oppertunity to stop running and dig in to avoid being overrun. The russians however did attack with aircraft and tanks.....but foremost with waves of infantry.

In the 4 years the russians and the germans fought each other, you would see a lot of defensive trench line battles, the only diffrence with WWI being tanks spearheaded the attack on these lines acompanied by infantry. Only operation Barbarossa probably saw no trenchlines, because it was a surprise offensive action. War movies also make clear ( battle of the Bulge ) ALL armies dug in and made trenches wherever they would pause or stop the offense, mostly for supply lines to catch up with them. Yet trenches are very absent in most maps. ( trrenches and defensive lines are the native area to use AT weapons also, not the whole map )

The other one was Kelly's Heroes......hardly a war movie, but entertaining anyways. The 2 tigers that get wasted show marvelously why tanks do not belong in villages and cities. Interesting to see these "Tigers" really do have a Tiger turret, but the hull is certainly not. The turret is way oversized compared to the hull, i once saw pictures of a converted russian tank to look like a Tiger, i think it was that one.

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Beast of WarI always was interested in war movies, but now mods and games feature more types of infantry weapons and vehicles, i watch them with diffrent eyes.

Tommy, the "tiger" that crosses the bridge is a mocked up Leopard I.....among other inconsistancies. But it gives a great impression what happend there.

I saw 2 other warmovies the last 4 days.....one was Cross of Iron ( or something like that ) wich was about the Eastern front through german eyes, that is a welcome change. That movie confirms the story i read somewhere on these forums the germans would toss away their MP40 for a SSHP where they could find one. It also is in conflict with what FH up to now is about......that movie is in the period the germans were withdrawing from russia and all but lost the war.......No luftwaffe, no tank devisions, no Panthers, Tigers and King Tigers, just defensive trenches, infantry and primitive bunkers under the earth wherever the germans had the oppertunity to stop running and dig in to avoid being overrun. The russians however did attack with aircraft and tanks.....but foremost with waves of infantry.

In the 4 years the russians and the germans fought each other, you would see a lot of defensive trench line battles, the only diffrence with WWI being tanks spearheaded the attack on these lines acompanied by infantry. Only operation Barbarossa probably saw no trenchlines, because it was a surprise offensive action. War movies also make clear ( battle of the Bulge ) ALL armies dug in and made trenches wherever they would pause or stop the offense, mostly for supply lines to catch up with them. Yet trenches are very absent in most maps. ( trrenches and defensive lines are the native area to use AT weapons also, not the whole map )

The other one was Kelly's Heroes......hardly a war movie, but entertaining anyways. The 2 tigers that get wasted show marvelously why tanks do not belong in villages and cities. Interesting to see these "Tigers" really do have a Tiger turret, but the hull is certainly not. The turret is way oversized compared to the hull, i once saw pictures of a converted russian tank to look like a Tiger, i think it was that one.

Give them props for at least trying to make a mock Tiger unlike movies like Battle of the Bulge and To Hell and Back.

I think Zielona Gora would be a great map if you added trenches and basically turned it into a big Karelia and somewhat of a stagnant WWI type fight.

Luscious

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

2nd August 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

How easy is it to find a working Tiger, ship it to the set, and operate it for the amount of time needed for the scene? It probably cost righteous bucks, and well outside the props budget!! Only a handful of audience members would appreciate and actual working Tiger making an appearance.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

hell, getting a lepord on the scene is a prety good acompleshment.