the1chaos VIP Member

I pretend to do stuff.

100,595 XP

16th January 2004

0 Uploads

9,047 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

cool!!!! but i think it will be placed on the web soon.

Luscious

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

2nd August 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

and this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2219923004&category=4078

If it could be bought without the "Mein Kampf" crap, it would be ideal!

None the less, this looks like it might have some great info.

Josey Wales

Save the wales !

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

508 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Damnit, it shows "invalid item" to me. Sometimes it really sucks being german..

"Dear User:

Unfortunately, access to this particular category or item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in your home country. Based on our discussions with concerned government agencies and eBay community members, we have taken these steps to reduce the chance of inappropriate items being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases this policy may prevent users from accessing items that do not violate the law. At this time, we are working on less restrictive alternatives. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay.

Thank You."

JW

Luscious

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

2nd August 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Josey WalesDamnit, it shows "invalid item" to me. Sometimes it really sucks being german..

"Dear User:

Unfortunately, access to this particular category or item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in your home country. Based on our discussions with concerned government agencies and eBay community members, we have taken these steps to reduce the chance of inappropriate items being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases this policy may prevent users from accessing items that do not violate the law. At this time, we are working on less restrictive alternatives. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay.

Thank You."

JW

Some text from the auction description:

WWII PANZER Photo Album - 4./Panzer Rgt 5 (3. Panzer Division) - Poland and France

This excellent album contains appx 170 photos. This is an excellent photo album PACKED with very good Panzer II, III, and IV photos (>50) as well as many good photos of Panzer crew members wearing Black Wrap tunics and other Panzer uniform items. The album also has several good photos of motorcycles and side cars, German panzers damaged by enemy shells, graves of KIA German panzer crews, Panzers with the 3.Pz Div insignia, Tanks being loaded on transport ships, troops using rangefinders, 8.8 cm Flak cannons, French POWs on the march, burning towns, knocked out French tanks, Do17 planes on an airfield, panzer mechanic working on engine of a tank, and more! The pictures tell all! I have several other nice photo albums and individual photos for sale. Check out my other auctions!! Feel free to email me with any questions you might have. Happy Bidding !

And one interesting photo: penetration.jpg

I wonder what got this Mk III (Ausf. A?)? An anti-tank rifle, perhaps? The burn marks on the side indicates something bigger than that I think, but that's a small penetration hole!

Eiserner Bär

Ich bin ein Auslander.

50 XP

9th January 2004

0 Uploads

63 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

Woooow. I'm really tempted to bid on it, but I think my fiancee would kill me. Bad enough I shelled out the dough for "The Combat History of Schwere Panzerjäger Abteilung 654." (700 pages of Ferdinand and Jagdpanther goodness...mmmmm...)

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago
Josey WalesDamnit, it shows "invalid item" to me. Sometimes it really sucks being german.. "Dear User: Unfortunately, access to this particular category or item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in your home country. Based on our discussions with concerned government agencies and eBay community members, we have taken these steps to reduce the chance of inappropriate items being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases this policy may prevent users from accessing items that do not violate the law. At this time, we are working on less restrictive alternatives. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay. Thank You." JW

That is SO stupid, what has looking at WWII Panzers has to do with nazi's? The panzer is of the Weermacht not the SS (well some panzers are, but a tank has just nothing to do with nazism, they where used as tools by the nazi's , but just a tank/panzer is not direcly related to nazi's) You should be allowed to look at (all) WWII pictures, even pictures of lets say concentrations camp,( its horrible), hitler, SS, SA or Himmler, why would the goverment forbid you to look at the pics? If you are german and you look at a wwII pics this does not mean that you are a nazi. I understand that there are some nazis in ggermany but there are nazi supporters in other countries as wel and they can see the pics. If you are intrested in history you should be able to look at wwII pics. Oh man, sometimes I think that the german goverment is just to protective. Lucky me that I;m their neighbour (I'm dutch). If I where you I would vote for a party that does allow you to see WWII stuff. And yes I know not all WWII related things are forbidden in germany , but you should be able to see everything of WWII, making fun of victems and of the war /or supporting nazism must be forbidden though. EDIT: PS: We in holland call tanks "tanks", but I think Panzer (you would write "pantser" in dutch) is a far cooler and better way for this machine. And yes I know why tanks are called tanks, the brits Build them in WW I and told the builders at the factory that they where building water-tanks. or tank for short. "wij vallen aan met drie pantsers" just sounds cooler then "wij vallen aan met drie tanks" AND it would me more correct.

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

administrative lazyness by Ebay. ban all ww2 material to germany

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago
Großadmiral DönizThat is SO stupid, what has looking at WWII Panzers has to do with nazi's? The panzer is of the Weermacht not the SS (well some panzers are, but a tank has just nothing to do with nazism) You should be allowed to look at (all) WWII pictures, even pictures of lets say concentrations camp,( its horrible), hitler, SS, SA or Himmler, why would the goverment forbid you to look at the pics? If you are german and you look at a wwII pics this does not mean that you are a nazi. I understand that there are some nazis in ggermany but there are nazi supporters in other countries as wel and they can see the pics. If you are intrested in history you should be able to look at wwII pics. Oh man, sometimes I think that the german goverment is just to protective. Lucky me that I;m their neighbour (I'm dutch). If I where you I would vote for a party that does allow you to see WWII stuff. And yes I know not all WWII related things are forbidden in germany , but you should be able to see everything of WWII, making fun of victems and of the war /or supporting nazism must be forbidden though.

apparently as soon as you look at a swastika you want to start shoving people into ovens. But really the country that at one time did such atrocities would like to forget it, and i guess this is their way of doing so.