emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#31 15 years ago

To me the tracks may not be right but the FH Panther looks like it has the Panther II steel rimmed road wheels while the BG Panther looks to have the early style dished rubber rimmed roadwheels.

It looks like they were attempting to model a Panther D

not all Panthers had the chin armor, it was a production mod to late model G's.

The muzzle brake looks too big, making it look like a 88mm.

There is no upturn in tracks to the rear idler wheel and no upturn in tracks to the front drive wheel and no droop off the top of the front drive sprocket.

Also all the pics I have of a Panther D have the MG slot in the front armor but do not have the ball mount.

If they redo the tracks and muzzle brake it will look pretty good.

Cochise

click...boom

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

286 Posts

0 Threads

#32 15 years ago
-SSLS- dEmOnSpAwNhttp://www.bf42.de/index.php?module=news&news_id=3494

A really bad Ferdinand (Elefant) model however IMHO. Proportions are out of whack. I've built 3 of those things.

and the gun on the Panther is also too long.

Bad models, FH is better in my opinion.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#33 15 years ago

Odly enough the tracks and bottom half of the Ferdinand look ok. They just need to make the fighting compartment with a flat top and the back less angled and it would look alot better. That was my only complaints about it.

General Taskeen

FH Betatester

50 XP

24th November 2002

0 Uploads

659 Posts

0 Threads

#34 15 years ago

The new panther in .6 looks fine by me... much better than the previous placeholder model in .5.

Mister-T

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

98 Posts

0 Threads

#35 15 years ago

Does the Panther is more difficult to model than other armour ?

Soldat Jakob

Sehr lustig.....

50 XP

16th February 2004

0 Uploads

143 Posts

0 Threads

#36 15 years ago

Its good. As long it looks like a panther and scares the shit out of enemy im cool with it.

saving ryan privates

Certified Sexual Healer

50 XP

3rd January 2004

0 Uploads

65 Posts

0 Threads

#37 15 years ago

the only prob that i see with the xww2 panther is that it doesn't have those panther wheels and tracks

GI_JOEjk

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

13th February 2004

0 Uploads

142 Posts

0 Threads

#38 15 years ago

I'd be happy to share my Panther with The FH world. Just need two/three days to finish the texture, oh, and how would it be implamented? I guess its too late for the FH team to include it in the upcoming release... Maybe then in a FanMap? Details: The only thing changed is the art stuff. My panther still uses all the dynamics/naming conventions of the old one. I did modify the panther's toughness. According to my research, it's front armor was as strong as the tiger's. But it's sides were not. And it's back sides (back turret and back hull) and turret top were not. I also noticed that the FH team fixed the messed up tread issue with the old panther in v.6. Like I said earlier, I built this tank for my custom level. I also planed to re-skin the M3 Stuart and Daimler scout car (unless they have already done it), and modify the Sherman skin to be British. The level I am designing is Operation GoodWood. A big tank battle between the Brittish and Germans (Waffen SS). BTW Has the FH team added the treads to the Cromwell in v.6?? Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

Roger Waters

Crash hates me. :( >:(

50 XP

25th July 2003

0 Uploads

194 Posts

0 Threads

#39 15 years ago
SputtyI'll second that. It looks craptastic.

Yes it does, yes it does

GI_JOEjk

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

13th February 2004

0 Uploads

142 Posts

0 Threads

#40 15 years ago
GI_JOEjkI'd be happy to share my Panther with The FH world. Just need two/three days to finish the texture, oh, and how would it be implamented? I guess its too late for the FH team to include it in the upcoming release... Maybe then in a FanMap? Details: The only thing changed is the art stuff. My panther still uses all the dynamics/naming conventions of the old one. I did modify the panther's toughness. According to my research, it's front armor was as strong as the tiger's. But it's sides were not. And it's back sides (back turret and back hull) and turret top were not. I also noticed that the FH team fixed the messed up tread issue with the old panther in v.6. Like I said earlier, I built this tank for my custom level. I also planed to re-skin the M3 Stuart and Daimler scout car (unless they have already done it), and modify the Sherman skin to be British. The level I am designing is Operation GoodWood. A big tank battle between the Brittish and Germans (Waffen SS). BTW Has the FH team added the treads to the Cromwell in v.6?? Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

Take a look here: http://www.gboy3d.freeservers.com/photo3.html