Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#51 15 years ago

I hope they once add that Dodge too....it looks quitte terrain capable for a (light) truck.

I regret a bit the poor steering response of large wheeled vehicles, as were they driving on ice and skid over the steering wheels after a steering command. They also seem to al suffer from an extreme large turning radius, that is in no relation to the angle the wheels steer out.

The Puma and Daimler seem to suffer the most from poor road handeling and extreme turning radius, turning the vehicle while fighting tanks and AT infantry will usually - skidding against a tree, rock, house or other object - will get you killed.

I have driven (heavy) trucks and wheeled armoured vehicles in RL. Although they have quitte a larger turning radius compared to a car, it isn't anywhere as extreme as in FH 0.5. THe angle the wheels come out is the best indication what a turning radius that vehicle has, in FH that steering wheel angle doesn't correspond to actualy turning radius either. And all RL wheeled vehiles do respond to steering commands almost directly....unless they are driving on a slippery surface.

CaPtAnInSaYnO

wankasaurus wrex

50 XP

16th October 2003

0 Uploads

292 Posts

0 Threads

#52 15 years ago

sry to kinda interrupt this thing but explain to me why the ford jeep is important considering the US entered the war in late 1941

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#53 15 years ago
CaPtAnInSaYnOsry to kinda interrupt this thing but explain to me why the ford jeep is important considering the US entered the war in late 1941

Next to the Kubelwagen it was the most go anywhere, do anything, ulititarian vehicle in WW2. It served as scout, staff car, strike vehicle, ambulance, tow vehicle, troop transport, and just about any task assigned of it. Because it was light weight it was alot easier to push out if it got stuck than the 1/2 on and 3/4 ton weapons carriers and the 4 cylinder was more economical on gas. Some considered the jeep as useful to the WW2 army as the Horse was to the Armies of the past.

Sgt. DinkyDuck

Addicted to GF

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

267 Posts

0 Threads

#54 15 years ago

and as the Hummer is to our present armys, though more veritiale, (sorry for bad spelling, to late at night)

Schpetzka

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

177 Posts

0 Threads

#55 15 years ago

Sorry to bump an old topic but I thought that the jeeps and half tracks would be removed for maps in which they shouldn't be in like Crete for example.

Any word on this?

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#56 15 years ago

Because the Brits would have to walk then... there'll be a Universal carrier sooner or later and Bedford trucks.

Akula971

Pain is a sensation. Enjoy it

50 XP

9th February 2004

0 Uploads

941 Posts

0 Threads

#57 15 years ago
RahadI know Mussolini had a dream of having an entire armed force equiped with scooters. He did have them equiped because there is old film footage of it, but I couldn't tell you if they ever saw combat.

So much the better for running away! Just see em now, the British are coming!, Mario and Juisppe jump on the scooter and head off as fast as they can!...LOL For those that don't know, the second world war started in 1939, not 1941! aaahh ha hah ah

[11PzG]matyast

[11PzG] clan leader

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,175 Posts

0 Threads

#58 15 years ago

not funny, and as you see this topic was discussed already.....I am sure the devs made up their minds about this......so let sleepy dogs lie.....let old threads die....

Cyb3rwarrior

I hate hollywood.

50 XP

16th September 2003

0 Uploads

251 Posts

0 Threads

#59 15 years ago

The allies used a "light truck" in the jeeps role, they were also called general purpose but were biggerr, heavier, and were used to make the first Long Range Desert Patrol Vehicles

2ltben

Shpadoinkle

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

261 Posts

0 Threads

#60 15 years ago
InsaneJakesterWe could all have scooters and bikes I want a moped PLZ PLZ PLZ VROOM VROOM VRRRROOOM

I have an honest-to-God picture of a US Airborne moped. I'll post it if you want me to.