Major Fumble

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#131 17 years ago
chaser aka pdGuys, My problem with snipers is not that i fear them. I'm a pretty good sniper myself but the fact that on the battlefield they were rare. Most of the time when a unit came under sniper fire it was not from a sniper per say but from an ordinary rifleman well hidden with open sights no scope so you can be a sniper with a regular rifle.

It is true that most "sniper" attacks in the war came from ordinary riflemen. So the realism argument supports that there should be few of them in the game.

However, we all have different opinions on how the game should be played, some things we don´t like. When "realism" supports our view we tend to use it as an argument, when not we disregard it. For example, the average server running BF/FH has 30 players. To suggest that a unit of 15 men should have even 1 plane to support them is - not very realistic. But do we hear anyone suggest that planes should be removed?

To give you another example. In most firefights in WW2 between 80 - 90% of the soldiers never fired their weapons, and most casualties were caused by mortars and artillery. In order to make the game realistic we should all spawn without weapons. Then 5 weapon kits and 2 artillery pieces would be available. The result would be that most players wouldn´t fire thier weapons (the have none), and they would be killed by enemy artillery while camping for kits. The outcome would perhaps be "realistic", but would it be any fun??? (Hmm, actually this sound a little like the plane-camping/runway bombing problem of regular BF)!

Mike 51

Bush/Cheney 2004 apparently

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

526 Posts

0 Threads

#132 17 years ago
Major FumbleHowever, we all have different opinions on how the game should be played, some things we don´t like. When "realism" supports our view we tend to use it as an argument, when not we disregard it.

Excellent point.

huhrlass

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

16th April 2004

0 Uploads

48 Posts

0 Threads

#133 15 years ago

I read the posts and some real good comments. The problem that I see is its not the sniper weapon but the lethality of this weapon in the game (to easy) maybe less of a loadout? Then players will have to move to get more ammo.. Its very similar to the players who only use a plane to rack up kills and who can find a lone infantry soldier in the prone position but somehow the pilot finds this lone soldier while traveling at 200 + mph?. I know its only a game but the planes are deadly with the experienced pilots. And back to the sniper weapon, I guess FH is the best of both worlds. I know, b/c i like using the sniper rifle but when playing FH I have to use some of the other classes and with BF2 it will be interesting to see how many players become medics and engineers since these classes will be able to get points in the game. when I want to snipe I go to a basic server and snipe all day and when that gets tiring and a few games of running around fixing tanks and just being a helper is what i do and like i dont care then about the points only that the team wins. I understand the responses and the vanilla version of the game allows you to snipe, FH makes you use the other classes, however, someone waiting and then killing teammates to get the sniper rifle should be kicked, just not the way you play the game.

huhrlass

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

16th April 2004

0 Uploads

48 Posts

0 Threads

#134 15 years ago

Just a thought, maybe less points for a sniper kill? I agree with one of the posts, TRy another weapon system and see what you can do, try to shoot a plane down with a well placed round? Help your teammates as an engineer or medic? Call in Artllery if you are a sniper? It takes a team effort as all you veterans know

Tas

Serious business brigade

50 XP

4th September 2004

0 Uploads

7,275 Posts

0 Threads

#135 15 years ago

Jesus christ, talk about necro-posting!

A$$A$$IN

All Eyes On Me

50 XP

8th July 2004

0 Uploads

508 Posts

0 Threads

#136 15 years ago

And the winner for bringing back the farthest dead thread goes to...

Komrad_B

Score Monkey

45,850 XP

2nd September 2004

0 Uploads

4,500 Posts

0 Threads

#137 15 years ago

Who the hell is he anyway? Those undead threads are really scary.. It is only a matter of time before some jackass bring up the FH - GC merging thread. THAT would be the ultimate trophy for anyone willing to be the ultimate thread resurector.

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#138 15 years ago
Komrad_BWho the hell is he anyway? Those undead threads are really scary.. It is only a matter of time before some jackass bring up the FH - GC merging thread. THAT would be the ultimate trophy for anyone willing to be the ultimate thread resurector.

Shhh.... don't give them ideas :rolleyes: BTW, "For the Rodina!" under your name sounds sooo wrong even when you read it in English, prolly cause of the "the".... Just type "3A PODUHY", even that will sound better....

Komrad_B

Score Monkey

45,850 XP

2nd September 2004

0 Uploads

4,500 Posts

0 Threads

#139 15 years ago
'[SYN hydraSlav']Just type "3A PODUHY", even that will sound better....

Good idea

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#140 15 years ago

scout kit is ok, only removed it from Omaha Charlie Sector....it's VERRRRRYYY annoying :mad: