CaPtAnInSaYnO

wankasaurus wrex

50 XP

16th October 2003

0 Uploads

292 Posts

0 Threads

#31 17 years ago
Coolguysince there are 2 more expansion packs on their way for BF.

where did u hear that

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#32 17 years ago
Beast of WarHL2 will only feature controlable land moving vehicles in multiplayer games. It is no threat to bf1942 and FH/DC/EOD, you can't develop a similar mod out of HL2 to replace bf1942 and FH/DC/EOD

HL2 has this great coast map which features the buggy. It's a really cool map and it's singleplayer!

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#33 17 years ago
CoolguyTruth: EA will not release the SDK before BF Vietnam at best since there are 2 more expansion packs on their way for BF.

Okay tell us everything! :bounce:

Tommy8kins

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

12th October 2003

0 Uploads

47 Posts

0 Threads

#34 17 years ago

HL2 is no option at all. Never mind about game play, - its Steam that really, really sucks. I have 5 PC's networked at home and I dont want to have to pay / hook up and download patches 5x times every time they have an update. Its not anywhere as good as Stalker that has variable realtime weather (Gadzooks - think of that!) and also has day / night time changes (ie you move on in time as you play the game and go through the hours of the day). The question to me i just that the FH team seems really, genuinely talented. It sucks that EA wont support them in case they deliver a better product than an expansion pack that they can charge for. Having said that I ould gladly pay $40 for FH as an expansion pack if 0.6 is as good as it looks (which I assume it will be). Hell I'd pay $40 for the updated Arnhem map. :naughty:

SimonS.

[11PzG] SimonS

50 XP

10th August 2003

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#35 17 years ago

I bet EA will Hire the FH team Some day, But I hope not :(

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#36 17 years ago
CoolguyTruth: EA will not release the SDK before BF Vietnam at best since there are 2 more expansion packs on their way for BF.

Well, since my expereince with RTR and later SW i am defenatly not going to buy those. Worst of all FH is not supporting the new maps that come with these expansion packs, and good model vehicles can't be taken over into FH aswell.

Chances are those expansion packs can't add anything that FH doesnt have. Exept new code.

Can new code in an expansion packs also not be used for FH like the new vehicles and maps of RTR/SW can't be used ? It is stil the old refractor engine.....

rice_crispies

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

221 Posts

0 Threads

#37 17 years ago

is it possible to make an unofficial sdk? i know this question is kind of lame but i felt like asking.

rustybit

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#38 17 years ago

it can be done but you need to ask is someone willing to do it .

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#39 17 years ago

Actually, if the SDK isn't released it means that the source code is still 'locked' to the general public. Offcourse anyone with extensive coding knowledge can change the code but this would be illegal atm...