|LAB|urseus²

50 XP

8th May 2003

0 Uploads

263 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Yello.

Ive been wondering why you changed the ability to slowly turn the artilery around to any position. This was one of the great things i loved about this mod. Ive seen a noticable downturn in people using arty, mostly due to the fact that the fixed positions of the arty are too constrictive when you want to defend an area like the crete hill.

Are there any plans to reintroduce this feature? Mobile arty is ok which i know is being added, but fully turnable fix arty was really good. The game is missing some of its atmosphere without arty flying over your head constantly.

Also, is there any way to include an option to allow the dirt particals that were in the first release. I know you downgraded this feature for cheapasses who play this game on comodore 64s, but people who want to push their machines with frills miss it.

And, please dont take out the one shot kill guns. People will whine about it, but its the most horrid thing on classive to have to shoot somone 3 times with a rifle.

Thanks.

Myxlminx

Fearless Leader

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

254 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Afaik turnable arty will return in 0.6 and it might even be towable. At least that would give Half-Tracks a purpose to be in the game ;)

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

I really like the ability of 1/2 tracks to heal and reload tanks and personnel. That was a giid idea.

sempai(be)

Addicted to GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

281 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago
Anlushac11I really like the ability of 1/2 tracks to heal and reload tanks and personnel. That was a giid idea.

It has been so since the release of the original BF1942.

Myxlminx

Fearless Leader

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

254 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Yep, but driving a halftrack is almost suicide, you´ll get shot if you are the gunner and almost everything else will also kill you. Towing Arty would be the most useful thing a halftrack can do.

[11PzG]matyast

[11PzG] clan leader

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,175 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

I can't wait to tow artillery..... Drewl.....

sempai(be)

Addicted to GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

281 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago
MyxlminxYep, but driving a halftrack is almost suicide, you´ll get shot if you are the gunner and almost everything else will also kill you. Towing Arty would be the most useful thing a halftrack can do.

Well it's not intended to spearhead attacks , it's just basic transport with limited armour protection against small-calibre fire. If used wisely it is a usefull addition to a teams tactics (supply and heal , AA-duty)

Although with FH's realistic ammo amounts in the AFV's the APC's role has somewhat diminished.

Also the high rate of kills leaves the healing function unused.

As AA while using cover I find it still quite usefull .

mr_Fish

>

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

106 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Imagine yourself comfortably sitting in howitzer 105, firing at helpless axis tanks, suddenly an evil noob comes with a halftrack, and tows you into the river. :P

CaPtAnInSaYnO

wankasaurus wrex

50 XP

17th October 2003

0 Uploads

292 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago
MyxlminxYep, but driving a halftrack is almost suicide, you´ll get shot if you are the gunner and almost everything else will also kill you. Towing Arty would be the most useful thing a halftrack can do.

well in 0.6 they fixed the mg positions so ur head wont be sticking up 3 feet in the air it will be level with the gun

MG42Maniac

A man of dubious moral fibre

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

3,932 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

u know this for a fact?