Rickenbacker

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

13th March 2004

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#71 17 years ago
CooLâ„¢What's wrong with firing at the general direction of the enemy?

The problem with that is that you usually hit your own guys, since they're also in that direction and you don't know what you're firing at. If I see people doing it I usually get in and drive them off the map, then leave them to get shot for "desertion" :-).

sempai(be)

Addicted to GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

281 Posts

0 Threads

#72 17 years ago
RickenbackerThe problem with that is that you usually hit your own guys, since they're also in that direction and you don't know what you're firing at. If I see people doing it I usually get in and drive them off the map, then leave them to get shot for "desertion" :-).

Well , what a "teamplayer" you are , instead of giving them advice you act like Mr.Right and drive them off the map ? Now that's the attitude we want.

For your information , on some maps a seasoned player doesn't need spotting , he uses the references on the map to line up his arty.

zero_zero

I'm sonic the spacehog

50 XP

17th November 2003

0 Uploads

363 Posts

0 Threads

#73 17 years ago

-dont get pissed of to much by nOOb players

after all it's only a game

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#74 17 years ago

The Arty stuff requires good teamwork. Mobile Arty, when manned, should be left alone. Someone may occasionally hit their own teammates, but it's also the teammate's responsibility to know NOT to go where the shells are falling, or to say "Hey Arty! Hold off. We've got this area locked down."

I had that happen to me last night on Bulge. I was manning the US arty gun (and thank GOD they can turn now) above the one bridge area by the German spawn, and had killed some of my teammates who kept running onto and across the bridge as I'm dropping shells in the area to discourage the enemy. Eventually one of them said "Bridge is locked down. Hold off on arty." I "rogered" and just moved on. Simple as that. It doesn't take a whole lot, guys. Just communicate with your teammates.

Tiger_commander

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

11th April 2004

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#75 17 years ago

I kinda agree with Loff for it being a game. People should see that it is infact just for leisure. However, with the prospect of entertainment in mind, it is hard to please everybody. So, some people enjoy getting their entertainment of shooting teammates, some people get their kicks from realism, or some get it from enjoying a good game in which everyone plays fairly and has fun. With this in mind, how can you back up anything in this argument. How can you say people shouldn't get their fun from T/K How can you say that games shouldn't also be played fairly, or people abiding by the rules. However Loff, i disagree with your prospect of letting people run wild on certain servers. If somebody gets their fun (if you can actually call it fun) by being a little prick and ruining the game for others, or disrupting a good, friendly experience for gamers. Also, yes these rules can be here for the enjoyment of fellow gamers or veterans or whatever, but please keep in mind that I am actually a noob. I'm still trying to get this mod working. Even before i read this post, i had no intentions of tking or stupid decisions, and that it is not always because he is a n00b but of who that person is and his intentions for mp. Also keep in mind of what was mentioned in some post earlier - If games did not have new noobs joining up then they would eventually die out. Afterall, you were all once noobs to the game, even backing up the fact that noobs further into the future of playing a game become the veterans which you are today.

G.I. Bob

GF makes me horny

50 XP

11th December 2003

0 Uploads

84 Posts

0 Threads

#76 17 years ago

I really hate when people use the "it's just a game" argument. Some people take the game seriously, and there's nothing wrong with that. You wouldn't run onto a basketball court and start kicking the ball around, would you? Sure, it's just a game, but chances are the people on the court are taking the game seriously and they aren't going to just start laughing along with you.

Anyway, continuing to hammer in the issue of "do not get out of the tank," one of my tactics that works fairly often, unfortunately, is to run next to a tank and just creep around the back looking like I'm busy doing something. Even if I have an SMG there's a good chance the guy will panic and jump out of his tank to kill me, and I suddenly have a new tank. There's nothing more pitiful than seeing the guy running after you frantically firing at you as he realises he missed the all-important rule: never get out of your tank.

Count Nosferatu

The Count Stalks...

50 XP

22nd February 2004

0 Uploads

2,100 Posts

0 Threads

#77 17 years ago

Some lighthearted relief for the thread :)

Dos%20and%20donts%20of%20FH%20-%20dos.JPG Dos%20and%20donts%20of%20FH%20-%20donts.JPG Dos%20and%20donts%20of%20FH%20-%20NEVER.JPG

Forrest Hump

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

30th January 2004

0 Uploads

131 Posts

0 Threads

#78 17 years ago

Best.

Guide. EVER!

Count Nosferatu

The Count Stalks...

50 XP

22nd February 2004

0 Uploads

2,100 Posts

0 Threads

#79 17 years ago

hmm... image host is down... and my edit timer is out... I'll repost instead:

Dos_and_donts_of_FH_-_donts.jpg

Dos_and_donts_of_FH_-_dos.jpg

Dos_and_donts_of_FH_-_NEVER.jpg

MR.X`

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

29th April 2004

0 Uploads

12,409 Posts

0 Threads

#80 17 years ago

On maps like Saipan or Makin, sniping is fun, but you can be easily found. Hell, in those maps, all I do is roam the hills with a Thompson SMG and listen for rifle shots. Move to fire, look a jap ho, pull trigger, watch is yellow ass die.