DontStandStill

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

3rd September 2003

0 Uploads

8 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Now, I have an awesome idea...why has no one ever thought of a world war 1 mod or game, I know there is that new game comming out 1914: the great war by: jowood, but it looks soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo outdated, heres a site with the pics. Now I know the game was an awesome idea, but the graphics suck, and the whole game seems kinda...pointless, now I was wondering, because the guys at forgotten hope are extreeeeeeemely talented, if by some shape, way, or form they can come up with a trench war, bolt action rifle game, that shows the sheer horor of WWI, I.E: mustard gass, planes, machine guns, hand grenades, flame flowers and all that good old fun stuff. please give me some feed back, tell me if you think my idea is crap or if you really like it, support it and think it should happen. o yeah, heres that link http://gameinfowire.com/ss.asp?gid=847&pid=6

:feedback:

:spamtastic

KNEECAPPER

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

3rd September 2003

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Think this has being tried as an bf mod, not sure what happened to it, disappeared into the ether

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

wellll i think there was 2 ww1 mods for a while ago....

RPGreg2600

I shot down MG42Maniac

50 XP

24th October 2002

0 Uploads

391 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

yeah, trench rats and bf1914, they merged and I dunno what the fuck happened after that.

and about that other game, it looks like shit. It looks like it was developed durring WWI.

Peo

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

177 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Why would anyone want to play ww1??? Sitting in a trench waiting to run into machinegun fire seems like lots of fun.

TommyGunDaliani

Cesare

50 XP

26th June 2003

0 Uploads

1,717 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago
Why would anyone want to play ww1???

try something new

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

The mods died because BF1942 doesn't allow the creation of trenches... (yeah right)

The screenshots date from 2002 and they're not THAT bad. It's the game that counts

DontStandStill

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

3rd September 2003

0 Uploads

8 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Oh, but still I think the idea just sounds awesome, like, trenches new wepaons all that old crap. It world be awesome to have 32/32 in a trenchway, gassing each other, throwing grenades...

DontStandStill

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

3rd September 2003

0 Uploads

8 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

those, games tranch rats and bf 1914 are the same game, they merged together and then kinda faded away, But anyways I still think they should finish it!!

Malsa

FH developer

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

252 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

Hey hey hey! This may come as a suprise but Trench Rats (the mod) has been revived. Now it has a new team (including me) and not to mention Punixer, the 1337 plane modeler. Anyways. I just wanted to say that there hopefully will be a WW1 mod after all. So anyways... Trench Rats is back! And we could use some help. Anyone intrested to help? :uhm: