Noir Cheval

Big Muskel Guy

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

72 Posts

0 Threads

#21 17 years ago

judge reinholdhe means the weapon switch bug, where you use mousewheel and its over the faust but your guy fires the k98 anyway. this is a problem in bf, which is why you should learn to use the 1 2 3 4 keys[/QUOTE]

Doesn't DC have it to where when you mouse over a weapon, it switches to it now? Last time I played DC, which was a while ago, I noticed that little feature. Is that something that the FH devs could implement?

[QUOTE='[WZ]Fezarella']like judge reinhold said move along to DC!! good mod fh but a bit unballanced

I assume you're being facetious as well? I love how everyone screams about how unbalanced FH is on their FIRST big release as compared to DC, but can anyone recall how many revisions DC had to go through to get what most people considered BALANCE, and NEWS FLASH!, some people STILL aren't happy with it! You can't please everyone and I know that the FH devs are working on the balance issue, so be PATIENT:

pa┬Ětient adj.

3. Tolerant; understanding: an unfailingly patient leader and guide. 5. Capable of calmly awaiting an outcome or result; not hasty or impulsive.

*Left out the irrelevant defs. :dance:

MG42Maniac

A man of dubious moral fibre

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

3,932 Posts

0 Threads

#22 17 years ago

sempai(be)I was also on said server. Basecamping and TKing is on the rise , guess all those Vanilla kiddies have found there way to FH and are ruining the game right now.

Earlier I visited WOLF Gaming and even with 2 moderators playing they failed to kick the TKers . I had a guy on Guadalcanal killing of our empty tanks , so I gave him a warning shot in front of his feet and asked him what he was doing The asshole just TKed me. Another had a -7 score without being kicked.

Switched to bf42TgN , same story , Allied baseraping Axis on Kharkhov.

I actually got fed up and stopped playing.

On the subject on base raping; Do you consider flying over the allied air base in a 190 on El Alemein killing every plane that moved to be base camping or as I put it 'surpressing their air force'?

sempai(be)

Addicted to GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

281 Posts

0 Threads

#23 17 years ago
MG42ManiacOn the subject on base raping; Do you consider flying over the allied air base in a 190 on El Alemein killing every plane that moved to be base camping or as I put it 'surpressing their air force'?

Has nothing to do with baseraping , surpressing airforce it is. I do it also , its a viable tactic.

Standing at the Axis base exit on Kharkhov with 3 T34's shooting everything in sight is considered "baseraping" , "basecamping" etc . . . . you name it.

Same on Orel , a Tiger on the repairpad covered by 2 PanzerIV in the Allied Base is baseraping in my book.

Pounding a base with artillery is not , it actually requires some skill to use the artillery.

Every noob can sit in his tank killing off all spawning infantry in a mainbase.

Archangel85

Customtitles rock!

50 XP

30th June 2003

0 Uploads

795 Posts

0 Threads

#24 17 years ago

if you make one pass its okay, but if you shoot anybody who spawns at the enemies airfield its spawnrape. Just circeling in the distance and waiting for enemy planes to take of is okay (annoying, though).

mr_Fish

>

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

106 Posts

0 Threads

#25 17 years ago
EvilYetiThere is also the problem that the average FH player is 10X better then what you encounter on the regular servers. I got pwned at FH until I figured out that anything other than extreme defensive play results in instant death!

lol I don't know, i never got such scores or medals in bf1942 or DC, when FH was released, i found myself finishing in top 3 really often. btw extreme defensive play (in other words extreme camping) doesnt result in instant death, if ur a good camper and dont just stay in open place waiting for enemy to kill you ;)

sempai(be)

Addicted to GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

281 Posts

0 Threads

#26 17 years ago
mr_Fish btw extreme defensive play (in other words extreme camping) doesnt result in instant death, if ur a good camper and dont just stay in open place waiting for enemy to kill you ;)

And what has defensive play to do with camping ? They are in no way related.

MG42Maniac

A man of dubious moral fibre

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

3,932 Posts

0 Threads

#27 17 years ago
Archangel85if you make one pass its okay, but if you shoot anybody who spawns at the enemies airfield its spawnrape. Just circeling in the distance and waiting for enemy planes to take of is okay (annoying, though).

I'm talking like a pearl harbour scene killing anything that moves but not spawn rapeing, I would climb up really high and dive bomb and straff them every time i saw a grey plane dissapear. So It would be every 30-40 secs.

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#28 17 years ago

I only have a problem with spawncamping, like when people drive around in tanks in the spawn area's and kill everything immediately after it spawns, that sickens me!

I have no problem with baseraping, like with artillery and planes, I have absolutely no problem with camping, maybe even the opposite, I like it when me and my team have to assault a bunch of campers. It makes the game more interesting!

okiN

Duke

50 XP

27th August 2003

0 Uploads

495 Posts

0 Threads

#29 17 years ago

I often make bombing runs or fire strafing rounds at enemy airports/bases, and I don't see it as baseraping.

But this (And this happens WAY too much in, say, Orel or Kharkov) I DO see as baseraping: After all flags have been captured (Sometimes even before that), most of the enemy team rolls in on the main base with artillery, tanks, planes, you name it. The stay out of AT-weapons' reach, and use armoured vehicles so you can't kill them with anything else. There's no chance whatsoever of getting them off your back without tanks, and since the second a tank spawns it has 3 shells fired at it there's no chance of ever getting a tank. You just have to sit there getting killed over and over until the round ends. And admins never do a thing, since most of them are in on it. THAT is baseraping.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#30 17 years ago

I think falling player numbers got nothing to do with the game itself...

If there is a new mod many players want to check it out. But only a number of them like the mod that they want to keep playing it. When 0.6 is released a lot of them will be back, but after a while you will notice a drop again.

It is very normal. But i expect there will be a growing "core" of players that keep playing FH when more bugs are removed and more vehicles and maps will be added.

And ofcourse i already pointed out it is important that clans going to adopt FH as their game, they have the majority of the servers that often run as public servers most of the time.....won't happen if there are no ladder competetion sites supporting the game.