BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

obviusly the "Berlin Outskirts" map needs to be a little bit balanced. how are you oging ot do this ;)? give the russkies more tanks ? or maybee you can remove some germna stuff ? cuse as it is now its DAMN boring and if you dont think so you have been playing on the German side ;) every body say that "all you have to do is to use artilery" this is kidna hard since its a public game and pepole are not calling for artilery so its kinda hard whe nyou dont know what to aim at ..

[1.SS.Pz]LSSAH

You suck at the Internet.

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

536 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago
BAMmeuobviusly the "Berlin Outskirts" map needs to be a little bit balanced. how are you oging ot do this ;)? give the russkies more tanks ? or maybee you can remove some germna stuff ? cuse as it is now its DAMN boring and if you dont think so you have been playing on the German side ;) every body say that "all you have to do is to use artilery" this is kidna hard since its a public game and pepole are not calling for artilery so its kinda hard whe nyou dont know what to aim at ..

Man I don't know what you're talking about -- a few nights ago I was playing on WOLF and there was a crazy insane battle going on during that map. I ended up playing both sides to even the teams -- at the beginning the Germans mauled the Russians when was on Allies -- the later on one the Russians got one of the central spawn points it was a slaughter -- we only had the spawn by the farm house and we got cut up pretty bad. The Germans only ended up losing by like 10 or 15 tickets -- it was one of the best experiences I've had with 0.61 thus far.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

?????

That map ROCKS hard !!!!

This is war !! This is not bunnyhopping through a small frag level with armed with a railgun or rocket launcher on your own......

Artillery, mass infantry storming attacks covered by tanks......team play/attack in groups you shall learn !

Myxlminx

Fearless Leader

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

254 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Maybe you should try playing on a public once, you too, i was with bam there and the russians didn´t stand a chance, though the arty was constantly fireing, but the howitzers are not useful, because the gun would have to point down too much, and then you shoot either the hill right before the guns or the hill in the middle of the map, so you can´t hit important spots like the 88s with the howitzers...

[1.SS.Pz]LSSAH

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

536 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago
MyxlminxMaybe you should try playing on a public once, you too, i was with bam there and the russians didn´t stand a chance, though the arty was constantly fireing, but the howitzers are not useful, because the gun would have to point down too much, and then you shoot either the hill right before the guns or the hill in the middle of the map, so you can´t hit important spots like the 88s with the howitzers...

WOLF is a pub -- and I was on the howitzers and I was tearing the Germans up before I was autoswitched. You might not be able to hit the 88s, but send and IS-2 after the 88 and it's no problem.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago
MyxlminxMaybe you should try playing on a public once, you too, i was with bam there and the russians didn´t stand a chance, though the arty was constantly fireing, but the howitzers are not useful, because the gun would have to point down too much, and then you shoot either the hill right before the guns or the hill in the middle of the map, so you can´t hit important spots like the 88s with the howitzers...

I was playing on a public server, what do you think......

I was taking out russian morons with the Konigs Tiger, aided by several AT field guns, that came over the edge with a single tank or soldier at the time.

When they russians found out they could use their artillery too, and their spotters found the place where the AT field guns where, these AT field guns were taken out along with my Konigs Tiger.

Artillery is really a powerfull weapon when used right.....no problem cracking a Konigs Tiger open at all.

When russian artillery is taking out the german field guns and after that mg nests, there is little the germans can do anymore to stop an all out russian combined tank/infantry attack.

Once the russians are in the trenches and cap a flag, the germans are in real trouble.

Key is, players really cannot operate as lone rambo's anymore.....it doesn't work anymore in these maps. You really need to use your head first, and really use the equipment your side have been given. Chances are it's use isn't optional, but mandatory to win.

The same goes for attacking in groups......in open vulnerable area's you have no prayer when attacking with a lone tank or infantry soldier....

Safety in numbers.....it really works on beaches, tundra's, deserts and farm fields.....

[1.SS.Pz]LSSAH

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

536 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Beast of WarI was playing on a public server, what do you think......

I was taking out russian morons with the Konigs Tiger, aided by several AT field guns, that came over the edge with a single tank or soldier at the time.

When they russians found out they could use their artillery too, and their spotters found the place where the AT field guns where, these AT field guns were taken out along with my Konigs Tiger.

Artillery is really a powerfull weapon when used right.....no problem cracking a Konigs Tiger open at all.

When russian artillery is taking out the german field guns and after that mg nests, there is little the germans can do anymore to stop an all out russian combined tank/infantry attack.

Once the russians are in the trenches and cap a flag, the germans are in real trouble.

Key is, players really cannot operate as lone rambo's anymore.....it doesn't work anymore in these maps. You really need to use your head first, and really use the equipment your side have been given. Chances are it's use isn't optional, but mandatory to win.

The same goes for attacking in groups......in open vulnerable area's you have no prayer when attacking with a lone tank or infantry soldier....

Safety in numbers.....it really works on beaches, tundra's, deserts and farm fields.....

:agreed

I kept saying before the release that it'd be exciting to see how the new maps forced a lot of teamwork; it seems that a lot of people are really picking up on that.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Many maps depend on one key objective that spells victory or defeat, and its great. Arnhem, its the bridge. Omaha, its that trench flag. Berlin outskirts, its the effective use of russian artillery. Once everyone finds the key element in these maps, gameplay will get a whole lot more intense, as each side tries desperatly to control that key. When betatesting (back when we had more active testers) a game of berlin outskirts whats friggin insane, because everyone knew the key to the map, and concentrated on that.

Myxlminx

Fearless Leader

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

254 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Nice in theory Beast, but how often do you see real teamplay on publics? I for myself have played outskirts 5 times in the last 2 days, always as russian and never saw the russians capture one flag longer than 5 seconds, not to speak about the russians winning...

[1.SS.Pz]LSSAH

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

536 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago
MyxlminxNice in theory Beast, but how often do you see real teamplay on publics? I for myself have played outskirts 5 times in the last 2 days, always as russian and never saw the russians capture one flag longer than 5 seconds, not to speak about the russians winning...

First of all what server were you playing on? Secondly, if you don't like the way a game is being played on one server, then well, go find another one. Even better, go sign up for the BFE tournament if you're intersted in quality gaming.