50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

46 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Gentlemen

I got a few questions for you:

1. Are trucks only able to transport troops or do they have ammo crates aswell ?

2. Will you be able to prime granades ?

3. Are you adding a sprint or dive function ? (yes I'm tired of trying to "out-walk" granades that are thrown at my feet.) :rolleyes:

4. Are you tweaking handheld weapon accuracy/damage ? (The BAR was never meant to be a sniper weapon, nor the MP40)

5. What is the purpose of scout cars ? will they reveal enemy vehicles and troop formations on the mini map the same way the destroyer reveals subs with its radar ?

On a sidenote I've been most impressed with the screenshots and hope the release is not too far off. Also like someone else mentioned in a different thread you do deserve kudos for not bashing other competing mods, and instead concentrating on making your own as good as possible. Keep it up, and you will be rewarded.

Der sieg wird unser sein

Von Rundstedt

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago
Originally posted by Von_Rundstedt 3. Are you adding a sprint or dive function ? (yes I'm tired of trying to "out-walk" granades that are thrown at my feet.) :rolleyes:

Along with that, faster reloading. You'd think in the middle of a war and you're out of ammo, you'd put in a new clip just a little bit faster than you would at a firing range.

Maximus

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

700 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

actualy I think it would be slower. Since in real life the soldier has to feel through his ammobag and pull one out then fit in on. in BF the guy just takes the empty clip off the screen and comes back with a full one. I am fine with that though. I think that changing the reload time is crossing the line between realism and fun.

Montoya

FH Dev

50 XP

19th June 2003

0 Uploads

465 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago
Originally posted by Maximus actualy I think it would be slower. Since in real life the soldier has to feel through his ammobag and pull one out then fit in on. in BF the guy just takes the empty clip off the screen and comes back with a full one. I am fine with that though. I think that changing the reload time is crossing the line between realism and fun.

Feel through his ammobag? What else is gonna be in it? Lipstick and a copy of cosmo? ;) hehehe. I'd say it would be faster - half a dozen germans in front of me with guns would make me reload a little faster and skip on ceremony :D

Maximus

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

700 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

lol

no I mean like have to unsap the pocket, pull it out, close the pocket (may not be necessary) put the empty clip somewhere, then load the one you have. it would definantly be much longer than it is in the game now. In the game he just moves his hand out of view for second.

Chickenonastick

Addicted to GF

50 XP

1st May 2003

0 Uploads

258 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

You have to admit the loading animations are done really well. In Mohaa your gun reload is incredibly (inhumanly) fast and choppy, but suffices for the job.

But the BF1942 Load animation is much more realistic and detailed.

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

I wouldnt say done "well" so much as "lazily" since the cocking lever is on the wrong side for the thompson just so they could use the same animation for all weapons.

Besides, if Powell made it to Leutenant, im sure he has reloaded a gun enough times to do it quickly.

Maximus

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

700 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

or he could be fresh out of west point....

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

only if you play as him ;)

Maximus

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

700 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago
Originally posted by judge reinhold only if you play as him ;)

ouch man, that hurts. lol. I always picture myself charging the enemy in real life as some sort of rambo, then get nailed and start screaming for my mommy.