Murock

Ski and Surf All Day!!

50 XP

31st January 2004

0 Uploads

49 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Wow great job with omaha, it is awesome, just what I dreamed it would be. But Fh team you should address one small problem, i don't know if this was discussed before, but you guys should let the allies have more boats. Maybe 6 or 8 more boats. 2 is way to less and the battle is not so amazing like it should be. Just add a couple of more boats in a patch and it will be perfect! :bows: :thumbsup:

SuperEric

one bad mamma jamma

50 XP

5th March 2004

0 Uploads

32 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

A few more Higgins boats would probably be a good idea, because currently its pretty easy for a German MG'er to just unload on the boat right as it hits shore and get 6 or 7 instant kills. Awesome map though :-D

SimonS.

[11PzG] SimonS

50 XP

10th August 2003

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

That's what Omaha is all about, It sucks when you're the only one in a higgins, Doesn't set the mood

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

2 boats is fine. Anymore and it will be impossible for the germans. It's already exeedingly hard for them to win the map. Ive yet to play a game of omaha where the germans won. As soon as the yanks capture that trench flag, it gets exeedingly difficult for the axis.

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

on ohama, the german dont need ticket decay.

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

What side wins a map dosn´t matter to most people. Its about the playing experiance. And you can allways adjust the ticket rate to improve the game-balance. I to think its more important to have at least 1 battleship, and a few more Higgins boats. Also, the map is rather large. I think reducing the size in some parts would improve overall game-play. I mean, atm this map is rather booring with less than 40 players...

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

well if your an american after a while it feels like your the "Computer" player whos only objective is to rush up the beach and get shooted...

SuperEric

one bad mamma jamma

50 XP

5th March 2004

0 Uploads

32 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago
BAMmeuwell if your an american after a while it feels like your the "Computer" player whos only objective is to rush up the beach and get shooted...

That's exactly what Omaha beach should feel like. When I get mowed down over and over again trying to get up the beach I still have a damn good time just because it feels like I'm actually at Omaha beach on D-Day. Plus, it makes it that much more satisfying if we finally break through the defenses and win. I changed my mind about the Higgins boats. I think two is plenty considering how difficult it is for the Germans to hold off the Americans for the entire length of the game, plus it wouldn't be very atmospheric riding in your own private Higgins boat. Way to change my mind guys :nodding:

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

And mowed down they are.......i saw allied players getting killed over a 100 times in one round, seriously !!!

I love the fight in the bunker stairs....that is really brilliant !!! It is the most dangerous chokepoint you can think of.

Really mean the german do have a sniper kit.....i used it well, untill TK'ed by someone who wanted my kit.....

Idid notice once the allies gained foothold on the beach ( spawned there ) the fixed mg in the bunkers became pretty much unusable because they were in allied common rifle range. I guess as as allies once you cap a flag on land chances increase.

trevor

FH Fan

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

161 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

i already posted a thread about omaha