Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#51 17 years ago

Neko Reapermanthen what stops you from just parking the LCVP way over the side of the beach, and a constant spawn of people just spawning there?

how are axis supposed ot keep the allies off the beach?

Pierce said they have a short spawn(i.e. kill themselves I guess), and if this is what you mean PLEASE make a awesome destruction animation where it splits in pieces and sends corpses flying!

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#52 17 years ago

B.F. PierceThose are LCVP's ;)

And they don't move by themselves, you move them, but they server as the spawnpoints, thus as you're heading into shore people will be spawning to them, thus you don't leave anybody behind. There is no destroyer :)

That is a bit disheartening because ships played a big role in the landings, without them giving support the Germans could have organized their armor practically on the shore in pockets and done heavy armored counterattacks..

But it will be fun either way I am sure!

Tommy8kins

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

12th October 2003

0 Uploads

47 Posts

0 Threads

#53 17 years ago

I played DOD solidly for 2 years. Until FH it was still the best game for me becauses its weapon animations are superb, the heavy weapons near perfect in hit effect and deployment. Unfortunately I will never ever play HL2 because Gabe Newell pissed me off with his whole attitude towards nvidia and his arrogance. Do no DOD2 for me. I digress. Anyway one of the cool things about DOD and Omaha is that the play goes inland very well. The maps not over when the allies get off the beach. This is key to making it special. The yanks do get slaughtered, really slaughtered on the beach but eventually they get off and then the feeling of conquering the map is really good. No tanks, no planes, but a sea wall or even shell holes for cover will do. Smoke where ever possible (with no planes or tanks the lag budget should allow for smoke. Keep going dude this should be a great map.

bmargb

BF 1936 TEAM

50 XP

31st August 2003

0 Uploads

340 Posts

0 Threads

#54 17 years ago

I think that Omaha should be a small map; with a 80% of the time action.

The allies should first reach the beach, and do "kamikaze" advance to the bunkers.

The bunkers machinguners should be invencible to the allies fire front fire. There should be only to ways to kill the machingunners, with a grenade or shootin' them in a back position (into the bunker).

HeLmUt_KlAmKe

Hell on Mute™

50 XP

29th August 2003

0 Uploads

729 Posts

0 Threads

#55 17 years ago

Oh god...i want to se those dead bodies that were moddeled time ago...imagen...all that blood and those corpses

the action should be this :

You Are the the conquering wave..the second part of the first wave...so when you land on the beach you will se a really horrible view

and make that script with those random Mortar explosions i wanna die hundreds times by blowing my guts of by machinegun fire and altillary

and no cities behind the beach...just those mortal fields and supply area lets concentrate on the beach fighting (hopless slaughter)

Matt174e

Merciless Beta Tester

50 XP

11th April 2003

0 Uploads

216 Posts

0 Threads

#56 17 years ago

There was a mini-mod a long time ago made by a guy named "Llama" called "Body Stay" ... you can do something like him but instead of haveing unlimited bodies all over the place you can limit the # of bodies allowed (due to CPU crashes)

Or just extend the time it takes for the bodies to fade

This would be a good idea for all the maps

SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#57 17 years ago

Kinka off the subjest how did you get that pic to show up just wondering or anyone else help?????

--Silent Assassin--

€xp€ct No M€rcy

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

13th October 2003

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#58 17 years ago

Well nearly the same as i said in another thread...

It would be nice to have this: http://www.d-daytanks.org.uk/articles/developing-tank.html

It's a Sherman swim tank. 29 of this vehicle where used on D-Day at Omaha Beach.

mondogenerator

Wolfgaming.net *****istrator

50 XP

24th September 2003

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#59 17 years ago

KämpferThat is a bit disheartening because ships played a big role in the landings, without them giving support the Germans could have organized their armor practically on the shore in pockets and done heavy armored counterattacks..

But it will be fun either way I am sure!

From the HMS Belfast site:

http://www.iwm.org.uk/belfast/history7.htm

"The bombardment force comprised 5 battleships, 2 monitors, 20 cruisers and 65 destroyers. But this was only part of the total force of 2,700 seagoing vessels and 1,900 smaller craft which were deployed in support of Operation 'Neptune', the naval side of the Normandy landings.

This huge armada was divided into two naval task forces and five assault forces, on for each of the main landing beaches. Each of the assault forces was in turn supported by its own naval bombardment force. As flagship of bombardment Force E, HMS Belfast was part of the Eastern Naval Task Force, with responsibility for supporting the British and Canadian assaults on 'Gold' and 'Juno' beaches and, at 5.30 am on 6 June 1944, was one of the very first ships to open fire on German positions in Normandy.

Over the course of the next five weeks she was almost continuously in action, firing thousands of rounds from her main 6-inch and secondary 4-inch batteries in support of Allied troops fighting their way inland against skilful and determined German opposition. Her last shoot took place in company with the battleship HMS Rodney and the monitor HMS Roberts on 8 July, during the course of heavy fighting for the city of Caen."

If thats not a reason to crap your pants I don't know what is. The Royal Navy played a massive part in D-Day and the War in Normandy for weeks afterwards as fire support. This isn't really reflected in any map. Maybe the Fletcher could be replaced by HMS Rodney ( A Nelson class B'ship and far more dangerous than a King George V class b'ship) or one of the other 5 battleships or cruisers present on the day?

Then, not forgetting the previous nights bombing by hundreds of RAF Lancasters and the daylight attacks by Typhoons, light and medium bombers and the complete control of the air by the RAF and USAF.