Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

No answer eh ?

One of the devs recently spoke of some diffrence related to wider tracks/more powerfull engines in bad terrain, when i made a remark i never seen such a diffrence in a bf1942 related game.....

I think he probably meant tracked vehicles climbing through hills and mountain-like terrain, not really a diffrence in speed between a hardened dirt road or soft grass/sand/marsh terrain.

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Maps in Battlefield 1942 have a Materialmap. This material map consists out of multiple materials like dry sand, wet sand, dry grass, mud, gravel , etc. These materials tell the engine some important things like: what sound to make when you walk over it What kind of dirt should jump up when it gets shot and most importantly: How much resistance and grip a vehicle has on the terrain.

So... It's already in. :/

Petru

I post to get attention

50 XP

24th January 2004

0 Uploads

66 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Was testing Russian Country (custom map), driving a Hanomag around. Massively noticeable speed difference depending on whether you drove on open terrain (green), the mud track (brown) or the stone bridges. Big speed variations depending on terrain.

VioLAtoR[xL]

Retteketet met je Bajonet

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,075 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Well if it's allready in it should be tweaked, or the maps need less flat surfaces and more obstacles.

Roads were often the key to winning battles, or losing them. Avoiding them is the best in some maps :rolleyes:

StrangerThanFiction

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,110 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

We also need mud for maps in the rasputitsa--the mud season, that bogs heavy tanks down completely, but leaves vehicles with lighter ground pressure free to maneuver. But I had also been led to believe that this was not possible, when I suggested it earlier.