Loff

I art god.

50 XP

16th December 2003

0 Uploads

238 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Has anyone else here been playing FH for too long, and tried to join a normal bf1942 game in horror? Where the guns dont do enough damage, or where tank shots arc worse then a paintball gun. It's like crossing over into a different world, an unrealistic and confusing world. Once you go FH, is there anyway to go back? Is there a 12 step program for becoming a normal bf1942 player again? Lol...is there any reason to go back? Probably not :)

ww2freak

Ingame name: Major.

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

648 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

True.

I can't play regular BF anymore.

FryaDuck

All my base are belong to n0e

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

515 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

I'm amazed people still play vanilla but that is most likely to be the 56k they can't spend 36 hours downloading a mod.

Matt174e

Merciless Beta Tester

50 XP

11th April 2003

0 Uploads

216 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

lol, I don't mean to ruin your moment, but for some reason I tell myself that i'm never going back to regular bf1942 when a new mod comes out... or a new version of a mod... but for some reason I'm always sucked back into bf1942

Maybe it's the bugs

Oh! It's reg. BF with Merciless btw (well duh! I'm a freaking beta tester :roll: )

General Taskeen

FH Betatester

50 XP

24th November 2002

0 Uploads

659 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

The same happened to me. I used to be obsessed with BF ever since I first bought it. Then I started hearing about some new mods coming out, such as EoD and DC. I tried them for a while, I lost interest in EoD first. DC second. Then Merciless introduced me to something that I definitely wanted for BF, which was historically accuracy. Then Ea/Dice took that right away from me... I basically quit playing BF and heard about FH, then I followed it for a while until I downloaded it.

When I went back to play BF for fun with some friends (LAN, etc., they didn't have FH), I could not stand it at all. The arcadishness of it all is really easy to spot out.

I have been hooked ever since. FH provides the realism and historical accuracy I was looking for.

Luscious

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

1st August 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Try getting back in the Tiger on vanilla.

oh the humanity.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

I quit playing BF and even uninstalled it til Coolguy told me the Beta was out. I dug it out, reloaded it and loaded FH.

I havent even considered the thought of vanilla BF. Cant do it and have no desire to. Even when I heard about FH I couldnt wait for it to comeout. I have not been disappointed, though I want it all, I want all the tanks and all the ships and all the tanks and weapons, I want it all.

The only thing that annoys me is the unrealistic way in which some of the vehicles get used and I hate bunny hoppers.

The Jackalx2k

FHmod Developer

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,214 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Let's just put it this way...

I haven't played normal BF since FH came out. When a server changed to a non-FH map by mistake Everything felt bad and evil and silly. =(

Btw taskeen you still want to kill me for that time at korsun at the north east where you kept trying to kill me but I had my T34? :) (yeah that was me)

General Taskeen

FH Betatester

50 XP

24th November 2002

0 Uploads

659 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago
The Jackalx2k Btw taskeen you still want to kill me for that time at korsun at the north east where you kept trying to kill me but I had my T34? :) (yeah that was me)

LoL, that was you! Good times... good times. Long story short, I died in my Panzer 4H (side armor) when someone IMed me. Lucky me! And then, when I died your tank equivelant (t-34-85) spawned and that was the end of my tank commanding. Funny thing how luck works.

The Jackalx2k

FHmod Developer

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,214 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

While you sat there in your P4H my friend and I kept trying to figure out how on earth to get you to come closer. Everytime someone came to us in a kubelwagon it would always explode cause of that wespe. We wanted to throw TNT into it and drive it at you haha.