Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#21 15 years ago

DICE maps ?

They are built for fun and a lot of them for CTF wich really hasn't anything to do with war.

Too bad FH can't use BG42 maps, they are really good.

It is funny, but i think BG42 maps are better suited for FH then the ones FH made themselves.

Archangel85

Customtitles rock!

50 XP

30th June 2003

0 Uploads

795 Posts

0 Threads

#22 15 years ago

yeah, Operation zitadelle would pwn with FH...pity. Maybe the devs should contact the mapper about it.

anyway, geting back to Bf is not possible for me anymore. Alone the "He-just-won't-die"-infantrycombat-system sucks.

shrinerr

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

0 Threads

#23 15 years ago

Ah operation zitadelle..so beautiful..

sempai(be)

Addicted to GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

281 Posts

0 Threads

#24 15 years ago

So true , you don't go back to Vanilla without an unpleasent feeling about it. I tried it several times and it really sucks. DC is even worse.

I've played FH since the release but lately I noticed there's a growing negative atmosfere surrounding the mod.

Bugs in FH are turning people off the mod. As for me I try to life with it but there's much complaining both in-game and on forums.

FH has been hyped too much too early without being able to deliver to the average gamer. Problem is they don't realise they are playing a FREE game , in beta version.

Also people on the forum quoting as being a beta tester and hinting at the fixes and stuff being added in 0.6 do not add a positive note to the overall atmosfere I think .

Everyone is eagerly awaiting the release and bragging "I have something you don't" just pisses everyone off.

Shade_PW

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

761 Posts

0 Threads

#25 15 years ago

Haha, since i dl'd FH I never play Vanilla anymore. Never ever ever. I had this fine european server in my favourites in AllSeeingEye and it had FH on it. But when the 1.5 came out they switched it back and I couldn't force myself to play that arcade piece of crap. FH aaall the way!

Rafterman

Rule#1: Bring a Bigger Gun!

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

594 Posts

0 Threads

#26 15 years ago

I totally agree. Every once in a while I'll play a vanilla game and I always end up cracking myself up. I can't hit shit with the tanks -- I've lost the ability to arc my shots. I also always get wasted by infantry because I jump up, fire, and expect them to drop in one shot.

It's rather comical.

D_Day_Dawson

Missing in action

50 XP

7th August 2003

0 Uploads

750 Posts

0 Threads

#27 15 years ago

Vanilla BF: at the end of the day I feel like I'm using a mortar when in a tank, need to empty two clips of ammo into infantry to hurt them, etc, etc... FH: excellent - just want some better balanced maps, tracks on some tanks, flag setting that stops me flying like a noob (or a map 50 miles square so I can line myself up for strafing), and 0.6 with all the merciless stuff. Can't believe we have to wait so long for 0.6 though - think a quick release of 0.5e (full) would be a benefit - in fact a quick patch to 0.5F and a _full_l 0.5F download would be good in the interim :) If only the FH developers didn't have lives outside of FH - we'd get our polished mod so much quicker - how about it devs - lock yourselves away over xmas and finish 0.6 - hehe you know it makes sense :)

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#28 15 years ago

you asking for a complete .5f install file? may not be a bad idea but it would probably need to be done by a 3rd party because it the fhmod released it, we would get a "too little too late" response. kinda like when bg42 finally released its 56k friendly version, about 2 weeks later.

D_Day_Dawson

Missing in action

50 XP

7th August 2003

0 Uploads

750 Posts

0 Threads

#29 15 years ago

The only reason I'd like a full 0.5e (or 0.5f :)) install file is to get the few people who have trouble installing it, interested - the more people playing the better! Yeah - know what you mean wrt if FH devs did it - just wonder when 0.6 is out - if I had the webspace I'd zip up my BF1942/mods/FH dir and make it available so people don't have 'issues' with install problems. Then again dunno if that's all you need to do - and don't have the webspace.. Just wanna spread the good word of FH as far as possible :)

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#30 15 years ago

you could send it to bf1942files.com