[L³]

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Hmm, just got done playing Karelia, on the [WOLF] FH server, which is the best FH server, in my opinion.:nodding: But, there's always one or more, most of the time there's TOO MANY IDIOTS:furious: , who ruin the gameplay. This is usually seen on Karelia, where ppl keep messing with the artillery youre firing, but on any other map no one really seems to give a damn about arty. When ever I'm on the wolf server, or any other one for that matter, there's a bunch of morons who hop in to the artillery you fire, and decide to be gay with it, when you're trying to clear the beach of opposing team. Either by moving it into the water, or pointing it offscreen, or away from the enemy, and finally there's always someone who moves it into Allied MG line of fire. Without arty support on the map there's little, or no chance that Axis can win. Which brings me to my question, is there any way to lock the driver position, so no one can get in and drive the artillery away, while you're in the gunner position, and looking through arty target scope?:uhm:

Archangel85

Customtitles rock!

50 XP

30th June 2003

0 Uploads

795 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Dc did that if I'm not mistaken...when the gunners position is occupied you can't get into the drivers seat...

Blistex²

Repeat Sex Offender

50 XP

20th November 2003

0 Uploads

269 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

The next FH patch should make it a one person vehicle. I've never had an instance where a driver has actually helped the situation!

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago
'[L³'] Which brings me to my question, is there any way to lock the driver position, so no one can get in and drive the artillery away, while you're in the gunner position, and looking through arty target scope?:uhm:

Yes there is a way, and DC did it. All FH has to do is copy it and the problem is solved.

ZR2man

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

113 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

I agree. Having a separate driver does not help artillery at all. However, I do see a problem with balance if you made it driveable and firable. The Kayusta (sp) would completely own. I could see people driving around with it and spraying rockets everywhere. Its a better idea to lock the drivers seat if someone is already in the artillery. Maybe just leave the Kayashat (sp again) 2 persons and cannon artilley (wespe, preist) one person.

Nickram-UK

The Blue army marches on

50 XP

22nd October 2003

0 Uploads

53 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

The thing that pisses me off is when I place mines on a slope off a hill, so they can be clearly seen from the direction off our base but hidden from the other side off the slope. Some prat in a tank drives straight out off our base right over them and I end up with a TK (2 if he's got a passenger). Are they that blind they can't see the mines a mile away even with the mine proximity warning on the screen ARRRRRGGHHHHHHHHHH

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

yep, like DC, the first seat you always enter is the gunner seat.

[L³]

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Next patch huh... guess I'll have to wait and see. That should stop ppl from messing with artillery fire. Then again all they would have to do is shoot the artillery like they do now...loosers...:moon: I don't know how good an idea it might be to change the Kat. to be one person only. Problem is people are gonna start runnin and gunnin with it, and that would be too unfair, for opposing team.

Sydog

Proper Rocking

50 XP

6th December 2003

0 Uploads

82 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

i guess what DC has done is made the entry point for the driver somewhere where it is impossible to get into without first hopping in as gunner.

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

and to think some people want to have it so that tanks in fh are operated by a driver and gunner separately